62

It was two days before Loki saw Percy again. He was sitting down by himself on a balcony that not many people actually knew about. He was gazing at the view, fidgeting with Riptide in pen form. Loki opened the door.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked, not wanting another argument.

"Not at all. I actually wanted to talk to you," he turned to look at him as he sat down next to him.

"Oh?" Loki raised an eyebrow, looking at his lover nervously.

"I want to forgive you," he said. "I really do."

"You don't have to. I messed up badly."

"I know, and that's why I can't take myself just to forget it."

"Why don't we take it slow?" Loki asked.

"What?"

"Start small. Start seeing each other a bit more, perhaps? Come to the Contest of Champions with me next week? I have an amazing seat, and I can bring a plus one."

Percy smiled, then nodded. "Okay. Start small."

*

A week or so passed by again, with Percy trying to balance work, Loki and trying to find a way off Sakaar and Loki spending his days doing whatever he pleased. Percy loved Loki more than anything, but it just felt so wrong that he'd been let off that easy.

They'd been sleeping in the same room for around three days, and Percy hadn't slept a wink, lying down as far as he could from Loki. He wanted to forgive him so badly, but he kept getting so many thoughts, so many ideas. Did Loki still love him? Had he been waiting for the chance to get away from him for a while?

After work one day, he went and got a drink from the bar, joining Loki at his usual spot where he'd tell stories about his life and Percy, too tired to argue, would sip his drink and show visible annoyance.

He was doing that now as Loki retold the story of how he had fallen from the Bifrost. It seemed he showed no regard for how annoyed Percy had been getting lately. The Contest of Champions match was tomorrow, so Percy had elected that, since he'd promised, he'd go with Loki, and then they'd get off this wretched planet somehow.

"And at that moment, I let go!" Loki smiled at his audience, who all laughed in amusement. Percy sighed and rolled his eyes, taking another sip of his drink.

"Percy? Loki? Loki! Over here!" Someone was calling both of them. Percy and Loki looked up simultaneously to see a man with blonde hair strapped to the same chair Percy had been strapped to when he had got here. Thor.

"Thor?" Percy smiled, getting up, he and his lover playing it cool for the observers as they excused themselves and walked over. "Where have you been?"

"You're alive?" Loki asked in astonishment.

"Yes, of course I'm alive!" Thor replied.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean 'what am I doing?' I'm stuck in this stupid chair. Where's your chair?"

"I didn't get a chair," Loki admitted.

"For the record: I got a chair," Percy cut in.

"Get me out of this one!" Thor demanded.

"We can't," Loki shook his head.

"What?"

"I've made friends with this man, he's called the Grandmaster," Loki explained, which Percy scoffed and rolled his eyes at.