09 | Close Call

TW: BRIEF TALK OF SELF HARM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rantaro's P.O.V

I didn't know how long I've laid there by her side, but I didn't care. I'd lay there until the deadline that Monokuma had set for us hit. I'd lay there until I see that Y/N was looking back at me. I missed her perfect E/C eyes.

I ran my fingers through her silky H/C hair. Maki patched Y/N up with her own bandages. Funny isn't it? Though, I knew that wasn't the first time that Y/N has been bandaged. Her story about why she carried the bandages all the time never sat right with me. It didn't sit right with me because I knew it was a lie and I knew why she lied. It was revealed when Maki ripped off her shirt and long sleeved flannel to check her wound.

I traced along the cut marks that scarred into Y/N's wrists and forearms. Her reason to lie was to keep me from finding out something so sensitive to her. I grabbed her hand and kissed all of the scars. I wanted to be there for her. I wanted her to trust me. I wanted to tell her about my secret, and admit to my big lie.

"Gonta here to watch you." Gonta announced as he sat in a nearby chair.

"Hey Gonta." I greeted as I continued to brush my fingers in Y/N's hair. "Do you have an update?"

"Yes! Kaito, Maki, Tenko, Angie, and Himiko are going to basement. They get ready to fight Monokuma." Gonta shared. "Gonta was supposed to go to but Gonta stuck on watch duty.

That's right. The deadline was up in about two hours. If a murder didn't occur before the deadline, then everyone would die.

"You know, you don't have to babysit us." I began as I sat up to face Gonta, "We only have two hours left, if you want to fight Monokuma then go ahead. I won't hurt Y/N."

"But, Kaito said Gonta watch Y/N." He replied.

Kaito enforced that Y/N was under strict supervision, mainly because I spent a lot time in the infirmary laying beside her. I could see how it was necessary, considering that they didn't trust me.

I looked back down at Y/N. Her E/C eyes glistened in the- wait. Her eyes?

"Hey." She smiled as she slowly sat up.

I stared at her. I don't know if I stared in awe or disbelief. All knew was that I was happy to see her moving and talking.

"Y/N..." I let out. I wanted to tell her everything in that moment. I wanted to tell her about my talent, about my monopad, about my story.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

She had been unconscious since yesterday. She didn't know about the time limit. She didn't know that we all would die in 2 hours. She didn't know that I had the necessities to discover who the mastermind was.

In that moment, all I thought about was putting an end to the killing game. For everyone. For Y/N.

"I have to go." I told Gonta and Y/N as I hurried to the door. "I want to help the others with fighting Monokuma!"

"Fighting Monokuma?" Y/N asked. "But that's a violation of the rules."

"It's going to be okay." I reassured her.

"Wait! Don't just leave me. Tell me what's going on!" Y/N yelled at me.

"Gonta, stay here with her. Make sure that she doesn't leave this room!" I ordered.

"Gonta keep Y/N safe!" He smiled.

"Rantaro!" She screamed at me. It felt like the room shook for a second. "If you leave this room, then I will take it as you breaking our promise!"