13 | The Lingering Mystery

'Do I say something?' I thought. 'If so, what do I say?'

I looked up ahead at Rantaro who was walking in front of me. We haven't spoken a word to each other ever since Keebo came to inform us about the meeting.

'Did he regret the things that we did?' I hugged myself in attempt to calm down. 'Maybe he was ashamed of me? Damnit, I knew I was a bad kisser. Wait! But if I was a bad kisser, why did he continue to kiss me?'

The silence was unbearable. It was killing me. We had to talk about the sins that we just committed in his dorm. I took a deep breath.

"Rantaro?"

"Hmm?" He looked back at me. We met eyes.

'F*ck! Eye contact.' I thought as I immediately broke it.

"You know what? N-Nevermind." I shook my head.

'You such an idiot Y/N!' I internally screamed.

"Okay?" He replied as he turned back forward.

'Great. Now he thinks I'm a weirdo.'

We pushed through the door of the dining hall. Everyone's eyes met with ours.

"Hey Y/N-Channie!" Kokichi waved excitedly.

"H-Hey." I gave him back a dry wave.

"Are you guys okay?" Kaito raised an eyebrow in concern.

Rantaro and I nodded in unison. I knew our behavior was strange because everyone's expressions changed as if they were trying to figure us out.

"I know what happened!" Miu giggled. "Those two just F*CKED! Why wasn't I invited?"

"That's impossible! There's no way that Y/N let that pea-brained degenerate male get inside her pants!" Tenko defended. "Right Y/N?"

'We were close.' I thought. Just as I opened my mouth to speak, Miu took the stage.

"I knew it!" She beamed as she pointed at Rantaro. "It's written all over Rantaro's pretty face!"

I turned to him and saw that he was blushing out of control. That caused me to blush as well.

"Rantaro! I will beat your ass again!" Tenko threatened that she pounded her fists together.

"I will talk to you later." Kaito frowned at Rantaro.

"Uhh, well anyways." Shuichi began, "We need to discuss about what happened to Y/N two days ago."

"Do you remember anything about what happened that night?" Kaito asked me.

"I remember that I was writing then I looked back at previous poems. One of them caused me to have a really bad panic attack. I was trying to leave, but someone came into my room and knocked me out." I shared.

"Did you see them?" Shuichi asked.

"I don't know. I was in the middle of a panic attack, therefore I couldn't see or think clearly." I answered.

"Did the person say anything to you?" Maki asked.

"They just said that they weren't Rantaro and that they'd help me but, they ended up knocking me out." I replied. "I remember the voice, but it doesn't sound like any of you."

"Why would they say that they wasn't me?" Rantaro asked me.

"It was because... I was looking and calling for you." I answered him. He went wide-eyed for a second, as if he had a sudden realization.