Chapter 1

"What the fuck?!"Kim Dokja screamed, as his body was dragged above water. He had just been swimming to the surface, to reach his books that were well hidden in a little alcove he had found. He had just wanted to read, when he was caught in a net. How was he supposed to finish his favorite book for the thousandth time, if stupid humans were going to try to kill him?

He tried gnawing and slashing his claws through the ropes, but the net seemed to be made with higher quality material than he was used to. This of course wasn't his first time he had been caught by humans because of his foolish ventures near the surface, and probably wouldn't be his last he thought begrudgingly. However he hoped it wasn't the last time he would see his beloved books.

When he broke the surface of the water, with his hands gripping the net for stability, he was instantly glaring at the first human in sight. The stranger clad in all black allowed himself only a moment of surprise at the furious merman, before his expression once again froze over in disinterest.

Kim Dokja was, to his own surprise, disgruntled that a mere human would look at Kim Dokja as though he were a common fish. Kim Dokja puffed out his chest and folded his arms in defiance. Then examined the human in annoyance as if to say, you're not so interesting yourself.

However this human, Kim Dokja found, was extraordinarily gifted in the looks department. So much so that he even questioned which one of them was really the merman. Finding no faults in the mans flawless jawline, toned body, or even his wind blown hair his tail flapped in agitation.

Of course this man was not the only occupant of this large ship, nor was he the one holding the net. A man and two women were holding onto the seemingly inescapable trap. While the first man he saw, who's face seemed to be sculpted by the gods, turned away from Kim Dokja and tsked in disappointment. He waved his hand in dismissal,"Release it." He said simply walking away.

The others stared in disbelief at the one who seemed to be their leader.

The woman who had black hair pulled back in a ponytail, and a sword around her waist spoke, "But master, you said-"

The man silenced her with a look, and Kim Dokja was unceremoniously dropped back into the water below.

"It." He hissed aloud to himself indignantly.
His thoughts didn't have time to catch up with him before he swam back to the surface.

"Hey, you bastard! Who are you calling an 'it'?" He yelled in defiance.

Once again the stranger looked back with a flash of surprise. As though he couldn't believe 'it' could talk, or 'it' could have the audacity to come back.

Kim Dokja smirked back feeling smug that he had captured this bastard's attention so easily.

While glaring he turned to fully face Kim Dokja. "I have no use for you." And as if that was enough of an explanation, he once more turned around disappearing from Kim Dokja's line of sight.

"Sunfish bastard." Kim Dokja whispered under his breath.

A white haired boy with red eyes found this the perfect time to snicker at him. Kim Dokja glared back even going so far as flashing his fangs at the irritating human. Kim Dokja rolled his eyes when the human only laughed louder. However, Kim Dokja understood that it was hard to feel threatened by someone that couldn't even reach the deck.

His mind went back to the man who seemed to be the captain of this ship. Why did he drop him back in the ocean? Was he blind? Couldn't he see Kim Dokja was a merman? Last he checked, humans didn't normally just let his kind go.

"Hi, I'm Yoo Sangah, what's your name?"

He was startled out of his thoughts when he heard this human, Yoo Sangah, speak to him. Especially since she was one of the humans who was holding on to that god forsaken net. Before dropping him about 10 feet back into the ocean. What was that net made out of anyways?