Chapter 6

"Search the building, secure the perimeter, let no one escape." Yoo Joonghyuk ordered his men.

After hearing the child, Lee Gilyoung, speak Kim Dokja's name he had immediately called on his knights, and the left the palace to follow the child who had somehow come across the merman.

 On the way he had Lee Gilyoung inform him of the situation Dokja was in. The child also told him about a watch, but Yoo Joonghyuk was not sure about the significance of the item. However if it belonged to Kim Dokja he would look for it.

They had captured Kim Dokja, and stored him away in a small container as though he was just some exotic pet. He felt the rage build up inside him once more as he thought about what else they could've done to Dokja that this child had not noticed.

One thing was for sure. The men who had captured Dokja, would have hell to pay once he found them. And that would not be just because of the laws they had broken. If they had hurt Kim Dokja in any way, they would face a fate worse than death.

When Lee Gilyoung had lead them to a warehouse near the shipping docks, he sent his knights to search the building. While the knights scoured the place, Lee Gilyoung showed him the empty space where he claimed to have seen and talked with Kim Dokja. 

"He was right here your majesty! I swear it!" The child shouted in distress. "You believe me, don't you?"

Yoo Joonghyuk stared at the empty space for a moment longer before responding to the child. He turned to Lee Gilyoung, and patted him on the head.

"Yes, thank you."

He believed Lee Gilyoung for a few reasons. Why would they send a child to the king and alert him about illegal activity, if they could easily get away with it? Why would they want to draw attention to themselves?

 It made no logical sense for this boy to have been sent by them, especially since he hadn't told anyone Kim Dokja's name. Beside the knights who went with him and Jung Heewon, no one knew about the merman. 

Which means no one could've used Kim Dokja's name as a bargaining chip. So he knew the child wasn't lying from the moment he used his name.

Though he tried to comfort Lee Gilyoung with a few pats to his head, the child still seemed anxious. Tears began to form in the corner of his eyes.

"Where did they take him? Where did they take Ahjussi?" He sniffled. "It's all my fault. I should've stayed with him! Then I would know where they took kind Ahjussi."

Yu Sangah came over to comfort the child as Yoo Joonghyuk was unsure of what to do. He was too distracted with thoughts of Kim Dokja that made fists clench and unclench, and his anger rise. 

Why did this fool always end up in dangerous situations? He wouldn't be surprised if it was because he had sacrificed himself for someone again, like some damn hero. Why did he feel the need to protect everyone, when no one was there to protect him?

"Your highness." Jung Heewon addressed Yoo Joonghyuk.

"Yes, what is it?" He spoke sounding harsher than he intended.

Jung Heewon chose to ignore the harsh tone he used because she had been informed beforehand , by her boyfriend, about the feelings Yoo Joonghyuk had for the man named Kim Dokja. 

"A man was found trying to exit through the back entrance." 

Yoo Joonghyuk's eyebrows furrowed, and his jaw ticked. "Show me." He stated with a deadly calm that froze the air around him.

He gestured for Lee Gilyoung to follow. So the child wiped his tears, and trailed after Yoo Joonghyuk. Jung Heewon bowed and lead the way to the prisoner.