Exes and Oh's

Marty and Lucas hadn't been close in high school, but as two boys from the same place, they bonded in college. It was a strange pairing at first, but it worked. In high school Marty had been a bit of a troublemaker, in juxtaposition to Lucas' clean cut cheery golden boy energy. Lucas was a soccer star with fluffy blonde hair, and piercing green eyes, but Marty had dark hair to compliment his dark personality, and dark humor. The boys were in predominantly different classes, with Lucas a Chem major and Marty a Physiology major, but they made it a point to eat lunch together daily.

"That was weird." Marty shrugged, as he picked at his lunch. He was looking off in the direction that the boy had gone with the girl he liked. Marty had grown fairly good at reading Lucas, and he knew that there was something about the boy that had just left, something both joyful and stressful.

"What was?" Lucas looked over at his friend in confusion. "You were nasty to her, so you can't expect her to want to-"

"That's not what I meant. I meant you."

"What do you mean?" Lucas averted his eyes, already knowing what was to come.

"I've never seen you smile like that. Ive paraded lines of girls in front of you! You're a soccer star, you could've had your pick, but nothing... then one look at him and your all heart eyes and smiles. Who is that boy, anyway?"

"Vincent." Lucas corrected then paused to choose his words carefully, "Just an old friend."

"I'm an old friend. You don't look at me like that." Marty crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Who said you were a friend." Lucas chuckled.

"Dude. Come on. He's cute." Marty stated plainly. "And we know he's more your type than the girls I tried to set you up with."

       "Quiet!" Lucas scolded. "Don't talk like that, somebody might hear you." Lucas had told Marty a while back about his sexuality in hopes that Marty might stop trying to set him up with people, evidently it had just added fuel to the fire. Marty was blunt, and not prone to social constructs, but Lucas was conflicted, and not ready to discuss that sort of thing publicly yet.

"Come on! Who's going to hear, besides this is a college campus, not a high school, even if people heard I bet they wouldn't care."

        "Maybe, but if I ever wanted to go pro with soccer it might hurt my chances," Lucas explained.

       "There's no way you're going pro playing the way you're playing so I wouldn't worry much about it."

         "Shut up! It's just a rut. I'll get out of it." Lucas shrugged. "Besides I don't even know if I want to go pro, I'd just like to have the option. Anyway what are you on about 'he's cute' you were all over that Hailey he was with.

      "Do you know her?"

      "A little bit," Lucas conceded. "She was friends with Vincent back in Elementary school. I never liked her... cause she was pretty."

      "I'd wager you don't need to worry about that with him," Marty stated suggestively.

      "Yeah? And how would you know?"

       "I can tell when somebody's gay," Marty shrugged. "It's a gift."

       "You couldn't tell that I was gay." Lucas crossed his arms.

       "Who's to say. Maybe I knew all along and just let you think I didn't..." Marty raised an eyebrow playfully. His eyes drifted after the table in the restaurant where the boy and the girl were sitting. "You're right, she is pretty, though."