An Orchid mantis

----------------------
-_| CHAPTER 5 |_-
----------------------

CW: mature language, blood, slight gore, mentions of torture
Word count: 2450

°°°

This time, she couldn't convince Sam to let her visit Dream. She needed it, because she had to count how many blocks distance is from the other side of the prison to Dream's cell. It would be easier for them to break him out if she knew the distance between them.
"Why?"
"I can't tell you that."
"Is it because that he's hurt? I know he is."
"It has nothing to do with that." Sam replied, scoffing.
"Then why can't I visit him? Fucking tell me." Y/n snapped, glaring at him. "I kept my promise, now either you let me in or tell me the reason why I'm not allowed." Sam let out an irritated sigh. While leaving yesterday, Quackity told him to keep everyone away from Dream for a while. He didn't know why, but he obliged, wordlessly.
"How high are the chances that you're lying to me? There's a possibility that you told someone about what's happening inside the prison-"

"Trust me, if I were to break him out, I'd do it the first time I visited him. I'm here now just to make sure he's alright. I brought medical supplies with myself to patch him up." Y/n cut him off. Fuck. Whatever.
"...Very well then, come with me." She nodded, walking behind him, with him leading the way inside. She wordlessly counted every block till she reached the room where the platform was. Of course Sam checked what she was carrying in her backpack. Nothing suspicious. "Step on the platform." She complied, and soon, he removed the curtain of lava covering the cell and the platform started moving. Y/n looked ahead and saw that Dream was on the obsidian floor, laying right next to the small pool of blood. Panic immediately settled in, her eyes widening when she saw that he wasn't moving. When the platform finally reached the cell, she immediately rushed inside, waiting till Sam removed the barricade. When he did, she kneeled down to Dream, gulping in fear.

His clothes were stained with blood, that still looked fresh, his hands were chained behind his back. Y/n removed his mask with trembling hands, but thank God he was breathing. Just passed out, probably from the blood loss or starvation since what he ate was only potatoes, in a very limited amount too. Or dehydration, who knows? She inspected his wounds, one gash on his arm and the other one on his leg. Hm. That's why she felt pain in her leg and arm yesterday. Meaning, that they were indeed connected.

Thankfully, his wounds weren't bleeding, most likely due to the potion she drank yesterday. Maybe it had it's effect on him too. Y/n tried shaking him awake but it didn't end up with success. So she let him sleep while she patched him up. Y/n pulled out the bottle of the rubbing alcohol and some cotton pads from her backpack, wetting the cotton pad with the rubbing alcohol and carefully cleaning off the wounds of the blonde. He flinched when the alcohol made the contact with his flesh, it stung like a bitch. But he still didn't wake up. Y/n felt his pain too. She was finished with his wounds and she decided to clean off his face, she noticed some blood on his jaw. And when the pad touched his jaw, his eyes peered open. She noticed that.

"Dream." She greeted him before he could look up and realize what's going on. He blinked, slow, confusion settling in and finally looked up, seeing her in front of him. The relief immediately flooded him and he smiled weakly.
"Hey Y/n." His voice was hoarse, making him frown. Dream cleared his throat, attempting to sit up. She helped him and he looked around. He saw that Y/n had medical supplies next to her on the ground. "How long was I out?"
"I don't know, I was just cleaning your wounds and you woke up. I arrived not too long ago." Y/n explained.
"Oh- alright then. Thank you for uh- for cleaning my wounds. You didn't have to, I could do it myself-"
"Yeah? With your hands tied behind your back? I'd like to see you try." His face grew hotter as he avoided her gaze, scoffing.
"Thanks." He mumbled, gaining a pleased hum from Y/n.