Chapter 13

"Thanks for breakfast, Flora." I smiled at Flora in gratitude as she collected our plates.

"It's my pleasure, Honey," She beamed at me before turning around and placing the dishes in the dishwasher," So," She started as she turned around to face us," What are your plans for today?"

"Well, I thought of watching some of Ellie's earth shows with her. Aurora told me a bit about them, so I'm curious." Zarya happily chirped.

"They really are interesting," Aurora piped in with a nod in agreement before smiling at me," You'll be joining us, right?"

"Do I have a choice?" I innocently, but teasingly smiled, receiving a chuckle in response and a shake of Aurora's head.

"No." She deadpanned before jumping off the chair.

"I don't need to come, right Hon?" Atlas cautiously asked with hopeful, but careful eyes.

"Of course not," Aurora smiled with a brush of her hand," As long as you don't mind sleeping either on the couch, the floor or the guestroom."

"I think I'll join you ladies, if you don't mind." Atlas instantly grinned before getting off the chair so he could wrap his arm around his wife's waist.

"You're not excluded from this Axel." Aurora pointedly glared at Axel who simply shrugged his shoulders.

"If my beloved wishes it, then it shall be." He threw me a subtle wink that had my face feeling warm as a strenuous smile stretched itself involuntarily over my lips.

"And you wish it as your genie says, right?" Aurora squinted her eyes threateningly at me, receiving an immediate nod from me. "Good answer. Axel, you're joining us."

"Eww, no way am I watching movies or anything with couples. You will be all affectionate and creepy around me." Zarya complained with her face scrunched up in disgust , but her eyes failed to hide the happiness that also swirled in them.

"We won't." Aurora assured her with a wink.

"You see Mom," She exclaimed, making poor Flora smile sympathetically, but amusedly at her," I need to get a part-time boyfriend."

"No!" Atlas and Axel all but simultaneously growled.

"Yep, those are my boys." Daniel proudly announced as he walked into the kitchen and made his way to Flora who raised a disapproving eyebrow at him.

He instantly threw her an innocent smile before casually wrapping his arms around her waist and placing an affectionate, gentle kiss on her cheek.

A smile seemed to tug at her Flora's lips as she quietly giggled in amusement at her husband's childish behaviour. She playfully rolled her eyes with a shake of her head before turning to us," Heidi and Eric will be joining us for dinner tonight."

"Really?" Zarya beamed at her mother excitedly, receiving a no from Flora as she raised an amused eyebrow at Zarya," I can't wait!" Zarya said in a singsong voice.

"Why are you so excited for my parents?" Aurora squinted her eyes at Zarya with an accusing air surrounding her.

"No reason," Zarya innocently smiled, receiving a more speculating and accusing glare from Aurora before she sighed and whined," Why do you have to be so mean, Aurora?"

"Me? Mean. I would never." Aurora feigned innocence.

"Umm Girls," Flora chipped into the squabble, getting both Aurora and Zarya's attention," As much as I'm sure you both enjoy your pointless squabble, I think you might be making poor Elizabeth uneasy."

At her words, instead of hearing the girls' concerned voices, I felt a large, calloused walm hand on my bare thigh that had sparks shooting up my thigh and to my spine. My head instantly lifted up to meet Axel's familiar orbs.