Events

I was sent back to the cells where Eren was while I waited for someone to take me away. Meanwhile, I was talking to Eren about what his plan was without letting the others know just yet.

"In order to continue with this mission, you cannot afford to get attached to anyone." Eren tells me.

"What do you mean?" I ask quietly.

"Everyone will probably hate you and me if we do this - in the survey corps that is." He replies. "Most of the people within the walls want us to proceed so they can have their freedom."

"What? By killing, goodness knows how many people, across the world? I am not doing this if it means my only friends will hate me." I tell him.

"What about me?" Cozbi asks in my head.

"Shut up. You're not real."

"And who are you to decide?"

"Me. If other people can't see you apart from me, you are counted as not real." I roll my eyes and focus back to Eren. "Sorry about that. Cozbi was just being annoying."

"I was not! I was just asking! Jeez!" Cozbi yells.

Eren got closer to me and he managed to put his mouth near my ear. "We are going to break out of here." He whispers.

"And do what?"

"We are going to start the rumbling. But first we have some business to do."

"Over my dead body." I reply.

"If we don't do this, my Titan will be sent to a baby within the Eldian race. Who knows what could happen." Eren tells me.

"If we do this, all titans will be eliminated?" I ask as I pull away from him.

Footsteps are heard coming into the room. We both look over and see someone dressed in a long, green coat with blonde hair and blue eyes. It was Armin.

"(Y/n). We have to go now." He tells me.

I turn back to Eren one more time. "I don't want to be the cause for peoples' death. Do it your way but don't include me."

I walk away towards Armin and head out through the door. He quickly followed behind me - leading me around the place.

"Before we go anywhere, I want to show you something."

————————————————

I stared up to see the girl I used to be friends with. She was wearing the old Military Police uniform and she looked as if she had been frozen in time. She had been like that for around 4 or 5 years now; just stuck in an endless loop of emptiness.

"'The girl in the crystal' they call her." Armin tells me as we both sat down in front of the massive crystal which held someone inside.

"Can she hear us?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Some say she can. Others say only us, titans, can communicate through physical touch."

"Can't I just melt the hardening around her?"

"As much as I would like that, that could cause damage to her and you don't have permission to do that." He explains.

I placed my hand on the crystal. "Oh, Annie. You really haven't changed, have you?"

I removed my hand and see the crystal had melted a bit under my palm; leaving a replica of it.

I looked over at Armin and saw him fidgeting with a shell in his hand. It looked oddly familiar. Other than that, he was just staring at Annie also. He couldn't take his eyes off her.