Tricks

We had made it to the old HQ of Shiganshina. It didn't look that old or abandoned, it looked like everything was in tact and brand new. I did hear something about new cadets using it as training area anyway. I had been let loose off all the chains and I was also given a new set of clothes since Eren said he felt bad for me.

We stood in one of the hallways and it was awfully quiet. Windows took over most of the wall and sunlight shone through them; making the wooden floor beneath us glow.

Armin and Mikasa were escorted down to the basement 'where the others were' as Gabi was taken to a different place in the building.

"You're telling me that there was also a family in there? Sasha's family?" I repeat in disbelief. "The scouts arrived there before us because they knew we were going there?"

"That's what I just said." Eren replies.

I was lost for words. I couldn't say anything about what had happened back at the restaurant so I instead let out a frustrated sigh.

"Then you proceeded to lie to me and say Connie and Jean were in the other building when they were actually here?! With that innocent family?!" I raise my voice. I laugh. "Your plan must be going all according to plan."

"It is. All we have to do is meet up with Zeke—" Eren explains before I cut him off.

"Zeke this, Zeke that. From my point of view, this isn't your plan but it's Zeke's. What about you? What about me? He is playing an unfair game of chess and we are being used as pawns. you're going along with this?" I ask. "You idiot."

I walk away down the hallway and away from Eren. I had had enough of his bullshit. That was until I stopped and turned back in last time.

"Tell me, Eren. What was in that wine and why did I find your comrades pouring it into my mouth while I was unconscious?"

"Zeke's spinal fluid." He answers in an even tone. "You might want to come with me just in case you bump into him and set off something disastrous."

"He's right." I say to myself. "People who have his spinal fluid injected into them are very vulnerable of turning into a Titan with only one shout of his. But I'm already a Titan shifter?"
————————————

I had decided to follow him since he had a point. I could've walked into Zeke anywhere, besides, for all I knew he could've managed to get past Levi and escape. He could be anywhere.

I wondered what Levi was doing anyway. I really hoped that he would've noticed something off about the letter I sent Hange to give to him. He should've known me enough to know I couldn't spell correctly. That was if he was still alive hopefully.

Eren escorted me into a room which had barrels and hay bales near the walls. As I walked further in, I saw a girl, Gabi, sat at the back of the room. She looked as if she was about to go crazy. Eren walked in after me and stood not too far away in front of me.

"Hey. The brat that killed Sasha." He announced.

"What do you want?!" Gabi yelled back.

"You want to save Falco, don't you?"

"Did something happen to Falco?" I asked myself. "What did he get himself into now?"

"Yes, yes I do. But how?" She asked.

"Help me and call for help on one of the radios. That should get rid of the intruders inside the walls." Eren explained.

"Intruders inside the walls?" I asked myself quietly.

I watched as Gabi put her hand into a fist. A small click was heard by my ear and the sound of someone unable to shout but suffering was heard. It sounded close too.