Chapter Sixty-one: Escape from the Demon Realm

Alaric

Radna did not look good at all. One of his wings was hanging down low, broken and the others had visible damage to them. He was covered in dust which mixed with his blood and flowed down his body to the ground. 

"Did you think that you had seen the last of me?!" He laughs, a wild crazy look in his eyes as he stared down at us and I clenched Celestia close to my chest. 

"Will this creep ever die?" I smirked at the mutter that came from Blair.

"I will make a distraction." Quinn steps up, her eyes glittering murderously as she glared at Radna. "Hurry to the exit." 

"Got it." I nod at her, trusting her hatred against demons. "Make sure you arrive in time." I make sure to say before starting to sprint towards the gate, the others following me.

"Where do you think you are going?!" Radna creates a black ball of lighting, aiming it towards us until recoiling away from Quinn's blow, his wings faltering in the air for a moment which caused him to fall a little towards the ground.

Quinn takes that opportunity to grab his leg then yanking him down to the ground.

"You dare harm my Master?" I hear her growl echoing in the large open plain as I continued to retreat with Celestia in my arms, carefully holding her so that she wasn't jostled as she slept.

"Enemies ahead!" Kimbra says as creatures started popping up, blocking our path. 

"They won't make this easy for us will they?" Barrett shouts, blocking a creature with his bare hands before ripping it in half.

"We must keep moving!" I couldn't join in the fight and relied on my party members to push through the growing number of creatures that stood between us and the exit. 

I released my aura which caused some of the creatures to fall back, making it easier to advance. A creature breaks though the formation and jumps towards Celestia and I; I quickly cover her, putting my back towards the creature then waited for the blow that I knew was coming.

But the blow never came. 

I look back and see Quinn standing besides me, covered in blood. 

"He's held down for now." Quinn lightly shakes off the blood from the creature and looks at me, one of her eyes closed and bleeding. "But not for too long."

We quickly move forward and spot the gate which was much smaller and narrower now. 

"The gate!" I shout as the creatures converge on us from behind. "Go through it now!"

Reid was the closest and quickly ran though, disappearing as Barrett and Nolo hold off a few creatures. I hand Celestia over to Quinn and push her towards the gate as I turned, drawing my sword to assist them. 

I glance back and see Kimbra and Blair going through the gate before signaling at Barrett and Nolo to leave. We all retreat, the gate getting smaller and smaller by the second as the creatures attempted to block us. 

The two men go through the gate as Radna appears, looking even worse then he did before and covered in spider silk which cut deeply into his body and dying it red from his blood. 

"YOU!!" His face turn red from rage as he spotted me at the gate. "DO NOT LET HIM ESCAPE!!!"

I smirked as I lazily bowed at him and jumped through the gate at the last possible second. The spinning sensation was much worse this time as I crashed through the gate, landing on my side and one of my feet still in the gate which was a inch away from my leg.

Hand appear that grabbed my leg and yanked it back, pulling me free of the closing gate.

"You okay?" Kimbra lends a hand, pulling me up onto my feet. 

"I'm good." I sighed and looked towards Quinn who was still holding Celestia in her arms. "Is everyone else good?"

"Yes."

"Then we have one less thing to do." I turn back to the stone pillars and held out my sword. It glows white for a moment before I lightly slash through the pillars and stone at the center of the pillars and sheath it.

I turn away from the pillars that started to make a strange noise and glanced over at Quinn. "Can I have her back?"

CCCCCRRRREEAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!!!! BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

The pillars fall behind me, only leaving behind rubble and dust. That gate would never open again.

Quinn nods and transfers Celestia over to me, her face scrunched up until I settled her in my arms then relaxing. 

"Let's go home." I say after lightly kissing her forehead and turning towards everyone.

Hey guys! I bet you were all excited to see this chapter finally come up! Sorry for the shortness, but I wanted the next part to have its own chapter!

Also, it occurred to me that some people might have some questions about Quinn's sudden appearance on the island! Fun fact; there is a way for spiders to 'fly' which I referenced in chapter 57.

Its by using long strands of silk and using the Earth's magnetic field which helps propel the spiders across long distances! Pretty cool right?