Chapter 2: Ex-Wife

[USAF Base near California]

As the large transport aircraft, Boeing C-17 Globemaster lll, opened up its large hangar doors at the back, many soldiers alike began to exit the aircraft in their civilian clothing including our three pilots, who kept getting questioned by soldiers during the flight.

The Cerberus Squadron have been the backbone of the USAF and US Marines, when the war between "𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙍𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨" started. They have been keeping the skies clear of enemy jets, while keeping troops on the ground safe by doing Close Air Support or CAS in short, the Cerberus Squadron is the only Squadron in the USAF that can use any aircraft. They wanted to use it.

From the humble McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet to the advanced and expensive Lockheed Martin F-35 series, the Cerberus Squadron can use them anytime. They are the deadliest Squadron in the USAF after all, having a kill score of 4 enemy jets destroyed in one day while having no casualties on the Cerberus side.

There's many stories of the Cerberus Squadron from ground troops using aircrafts like the F-22A "Raptor" as a close air support Aircraft, many won't believe because the F-22 is mostly an assassin in the skies than an A-10 Warthog, but believe it or not. They did use the F-22 as a close air support Aircraft, which was flown by Katie during that time.

Now, the Cerberus pilots reached the building of the USAF, where many civilians were there to meet their loved ones in the large transport aircraft or… See their loved ones that have fallen during the war to be given a proper Funeral.

The Cerberus pilots were wearing simple clothing like Jeans, shirts with or without prints, and jackets that had their Squadron Logo on the left shoulder. Katie was talking with Abigail while (Y/N) stayed quiet until something unexpected yet very clichè happened.

???: (Y-Y/N)..?

Katie stopped talking with Abigail, the two girls looked at the mysterious person calling out the name of their Captain, it was a woman. (Y/N) didn't even stare at the woman at all, instead continued walking to the exit, the woman tried to go after the male, but stopped Abigail grabbing her by the arm.

Abigail: I think you should leave him. 𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘢.

The woman or her name Natasha, forced Abigail to let go of her arm, the woman gave Abigail a death glare while Abigail returned back, but more deadly, as Katie went to the side of Abigail to back up her Squadmate/pilot sister.

Katie: I think you should leave him be. You have done enough.

Natasha: You can't boss me around. He's my husband-

Abigail slapped Natasha on the face. Abigail can't stand with this woman after what she did to their captain, many people around them were silent and stared at them. Natasha, actually, is well known in the USAF for being the Ex-wife of (Y/N), who cheated on him with another man then tries to bring him back, considering the growing popularity of the Cerberus Squadron in the army and Social Media.

(Y/N) was given the title of the most handsomest pilot and Abigail and Katie, the most beautiful pilots by thousands to million people on social media, the Cerberus Squadron got so popular. They appeared in famous talk shows, given sponsors and many more, many people that know why Natasha is trying to bring back her husband is to have that famous people privilege.

Abigail: You're no wife of our Captain, the last thing I know was you calling him, "A weak man that can't spend some time with his wife", everyday, when he gets on a fighter. His chance of death is increased. He would risk his life to protect everyone, including your ungrateful ass.

Katie: And you see yourself as a "Good wife", that's bullshit. Me and Abigail can be better wives than you.

Natasha: You Bitc-

(Y/N): *far away* Katie. Abigail, let's go.

Before Natasha finishes her sentence. (Y/N) spoke up from far away to get his two Squadmates' attention, the two girls looked at their captain glaring at them to hurry up, not only was he tired and hungry. He can't be in the same place as his Ex-wife.

The two pilot girls scoffed then walked away from Natasha to their Captain waiting by the exit. They exited the building together to head somewhere to eat, probably the good ol' McDonald's, meanwhile Natasha was hearing whispers from other people, especially wives of soldiers. Her public image is already on the down low.

Natasha has been trying so hard to bring her husband back to her life. She was so desperate to the point. She cuts herself on the arms to remind her, the pain of leaving her husband is more painful than a slice by a knife. She always cries on her bed in her parents' house, after (Y/N) divorced her, the house. They once lived in, and were sold. (Y/N) lives with his Squadmates in a large apartment with three bedrooms.

Natasha immediately leaves the USAF building to try to catch up with (Y/N) and the two girls, but nope. They were already gone. She tried to look for them, if they are still trying to find an available taxi or waiting for an Uber. She couldn't find them. She gave up on heading to her job, which she was already late for. She forgot to call her boss. She would be coming late.

[Some McDonald's]

(Y/N) and the girls were eating at McDonald's, the two girls were talking with each other about random things. (Y/N) couldn't understand, while he was deep in thought.

𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘬: 𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘥, 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯?

𝘈𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘯: 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘬𝘪𝘥. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦.

𝘕𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘴𝘦: 𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘻𝘦! 𝘏𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘶𝘱, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘱 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨!

𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘴: 𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘻𝘦, 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳?

(Y/N): (I need some guidance from you guys…)

While (Y/N) was deep in thought. Katie noticed her Captain spacing out really hard. She already knew (Y/N) deep in thought, usually thinking about many things, especially spending time with his Ex-wife before the divorce or his old Squadron before they died leaving (Y/N), the only soul member of the former Wardog Squadron.

Katie: Hey Cap. Are you good?

(Y/N) nodded. Abigail looked at her Captain more dead than usual. She thought of something that might help him cheer up. She grabbed a french fry then placed it near (Y/N)'s mouth.

Abigail: Say "ahh".

(Y/N) looked at Abigail trying to cheer him up. He rolled his eyes then ate the french fry then weakly smiled, the two girls' hearts got stabbed by a large spear after seeing his smile, even (Y/N) was broken. His smile is still filled with joy, even if it's lifeless and weak.

Abigail & Katie: (Don't worry Cap!! We still make you feel better!! We will bring that cheerful personality of yours back!)