XIII

tws: blood, swearing, minor gore
_____________________________

Rei's POV

"Tommy, i have to go. i will be back soon." i say, grabbing my armor. "where's Techno?" i wince at his words.

the poor boy

"don't worry about it. he'll be here soon okay?" i approach Tommy, a worried expression on his face. i engulf him in a hug. he hesitantly hugs back. "take care of old man okay?" i say, pulling  away. i earned a smile from Tommy. "i heard that." Phil says, walking into the hallway. he hugs me tightly before saying goodbye.

i pull on Scarlets reigns as we cross through the portal back into the overworld. the air is silent and cold.

i haven't missed this one bit.

i continue down the path towards the country. as i get closer, voices get clearer.

there they are. all surround Technoblade.

his clothes are worn and teared in some places. his hair messy and frizzy in his braid. his hands are untied, leaving marks on his wrists from rope burn. his face is stone, defeated. my eyes tear up from the sight of him "oh my god Techno. what have they done to you?" i watch them from a safe distance. i tie scarlet up to a branch and approach the men. "just pull the lever Quackity!" Tubbo exclaims. Technos eyes looked up from the ground. his wandering eyes met mine. the expression on his face turned from defeat to relief.

he gave me the most mischievous smile.

"Quackity now! pull the lever!"

a sense of deja vu came over me.

not again. i cant watch this again.

stirring was heard above Techno. i look up and see an anvil strapped from a pole.

the rope snapped,

letting the anvil plummet.

"no!" i say, trying to run to Techno.

a glint of green flashes my eyes. in Technoblades hand, holds a Totem.

i stop. "you sly pig." i say, smiling. the anvil hits the ground.

"what? how?" Quackity exclaims. Techno jumps on top of the anvil, using it to escape the cage. this time, i run towards Techno. i wrap his arm around my shoulder, his weight leans into me. with my free hand, i pull out my axe.

i take Techno to the tree where Scarlet was tied up. he leans against the tree. "stay here. i'll be right back." i give his hands a squeeze before returning to the execution sight.

our weapons clash, making an ear-piercing sound each time. Quackity is fast and agile, but his moves are predictable, causing a major flaw in his technique. he moves to my left, as predicted. i dodge his strike, using my axe to push him onto the ground. "this seems familiar." i say, approaching the man. "Rei, don't." i place the blade on his neck.

"there's consequences for hurting people. the people i love."

his eyes widen at my words. he try's to say something, but my blade beats him to it. i pull the blade, slicing his neck. i back away from him as he struggles to move. Tubbo rushes over to him, his eyes filled with terror. i look down at my axe, blood dripping from the blade.

what have you done?

i look back to the man i had just killed. his body lay lifeless, cold. Tubbo looks up from his friends body, to my eyes. fear in his eyes.

running as fast as i can, i reach the tree where Techno resides. i slow as i get closer to the tree.

Technos POV