Chapter 10: Queen

Sirzechs POV
I looked at my wife with shock. Grayfia handed me divorce papers. I had so many thoughts running through my mind.

Sirzechs: Grayfia.

Grayfia: Sirzechs, I have thought this for a while. I thought about our love, our family, and my heart. It made me realize, that we should part ways.

Sirzechs: But Grayfia, what about Millicas? Our boy? Our son?

Grayfia: I know, and I love him with all the heart I have for him as a mother. And you are an excellent father figure to him. That's why I want to have joint custody over him.

Sirzechs: *saddened* Grayfia.

Grayfia: You are a good man Sirzechs. But the reason I am doing this, is because I haven't felt like a wife, but mostly a peerage member, or a maid.

I mean, she isn't wrong. She does do a lot of hard work. Meanwhile I'm sitting on my throne, looking like a king, with my wife is scrubbing the floors.

I began to see why Grayfia wants a divorce.

Sirzechs: I see. If this is what you want, than I will sign them.

Grayfia handed me the papers as I signed them to finalize our divorce and have joint custody with her for Millicas.

Sirzechs: I'm assuming you'll wish to be traded elsewhere?

Grayfia: I wish to remain with the Gremory family.

Sirzechs: But I do not know who would be able to take you in.

I thought about it for a moment, and then I remembered someone that could, unless the spot is already taken.

Sirzechs: Allow me to make a call.

I grabbed my phone to call my sister, about the peerage status of the new king in her territory, Naoki.

Meanwhile
Naoki POV
I was with my peerage at an abandoned warehouse, hunting a stray devil.

We all stood at a rooftop, looking at the warehouse in the night sky.

Rossweisse: Simple job, to kill the stray.

Naoki: Yes. Let's begin. Kuroka, put up a barrier so that no one gets in or out, Ruruko, help her.

Kuroka: Yes.

Ruruko: Understood.

Kuroka and Ruruko prepare the barrier. I put on my hoodie and made myself look like the A Rank Stray Devil everyone knew.

A Devil with grey hair that covers his face. A blank personality with a grey hoodie.

Kinaki.

Koneko: Brother? Why are you doing that?

Naoki: To hide my presence. I did this some strays before so I don't know who I'm dealing with.

I leaped from the building as Koneko, Xenovia and Rossweisse joined me. We walked into the building as I sniffed for the stray.

Naoki: He's near.

Soon I heard another voice, I looked and saw the stray. A C Rank, decent but needs to be killed. But I know this guy. He came from an extinct pillar. The House of Shax if I am right. He's Fang, a former rook.

Fang: Well, well, well. If it isn't Kinaki. And what's this? You have friends now?

Naoki: *as Kinaki* The only difference between the last time we've met is that I'm a free devil now, and you'll soon be dead.