9 : Help

PEYTON'S POV

Another day of isolation. As seen as I wasn't in yesterday they are making me do an extra day to fill in for it. Miss Keane is with us today, which I'm happy about because I can avoid Mr Bell's questions.

Hayley storms in, an angry look on her face. She sits in the booth beside me, resting her head on the board separating us. I swing on my back chair legs so I can peer round at her.

"Hayley." I whisper.

Her head turns to me slowly and she blinks a couple times, clearly holding something in.

"I know." I tell her quietly.

"Missy told you?"

"I was there when we found her. Hayley-"

"Peyton, be quiet." Miss Keane demands as she walks past me, "Get back to work."

"Peyton," Miss Carter appears in the room.

My head snaps to her, "Oh, hey, miss. Let me guess, you wanna know about yesterday."

"Yes, please." She smiles, "Come with me."

I drag my bag up off the floor, Mr Bell is waiting outside of the classroom as well.

"Whole family is here." I chuckle and look out the window.

Candice, Jordan's baby mummy, is stomping across the playground, pushing a pram.

"Urm, is she supposed to be here?"

"Peyton, stop trying to-" Mr Bell starts.

"I'm serious. It's Candice. Jordan's baby mamma."

"You know about Jordan's child?" He raises an eyebrow at me as we walk through the hall to the quad.

"Course I do. I've been best friends with his brother for ages and I'm basically Jordan's sister." I shrug.

"Candice, what are you doing?" Miss Carter asks once we reach them, "You can't just walk into school."

"I'll do what I like." Candice snaps before turning back to Jordan, who's knelt down at the front of the pram.

"I've never liked her." I mumble.

"Drop all this DNA crap. You'll have my brothers after ya." She spits before storming away.

"I like her even less now."

Jordan holds up Jamie's dummie. Mr Bell smirks before leading him away to do the DNA test.

"Peyton, come on."

"Miss, do we really have to?" I say as I follow her to her office, "It's really not that important. I'm all better now."

"I don't believe you for a second."

I'm a great liar, some would even say amazing. But Miss Carter, along with some other teachers, have known me long enough to know when I'm lying.