Chapter 8 - Small Problem

I tricked the guard into letting me root through storage. It was mostly potions, herbs, battle items. But I soon found a small hourglass. On the way back to my cell, I shook it, wondering if it was magical. It very much was. When I opened my eyes, I noticed my body had shrunk and my dress was big on me.

Y/T: 'I'm a child?!... Well, that happened. Guess I'll just go back to my cell.'

I kept walking and stumbling on my now very long dress until I reached the ledge I had jumped down from.

Y/T: 'Oh no... how do I get back up?'

I tried to climb up, but it was hard when half my sleeves were over my hands. I stopped when I heard voices behind me.

Quilly: "Princess? Is that you?"

Minotaur: "She's so small..."

I remembered the stern warning Big Big had previously given me.

Big Big: "If your entertainment shenanigans disrupt my castle again, I'm re inspecting your room."

I decided I didn't need the interrogation, so I picked up the front of my dress and ran.

Quilly: "Hey, princess! Get back here!"

They chased after me.

Goblin: "What are you guys doing? Is that the princess?"

Frankenzombie: "Are you guys playing tag? Can I join?"

Minotaur: "Help us catch her!"

It then became a show of me running and ducking around the demons as they tried to catch me. Everyone stopped when the castle bosses arrived.

Demon King: "What is going on in here?!"

Big Big: "Princess, you stole items again, didn't you?"

While I was distracted by their arrival, Quilly crept up behind me and picked me up.

Demon King: "Princess...?"

Big Big: "She's so small..."

Cleric: "Be my granddaughter..."

Somehow, I ended up in the demon cleric's arms. As he pat my head, Big Big and Quilly poked my cheeks. Everyone fascinated by a human child.

Cleric: "Ahaha, she's not very talkative, is she?"

Big Big: "Yes... I'll return the items to storage."

Minotaur: "It's my turn, I wanna hold her."

Demon King: "Careful, she's fragile."

Cleric: "Would you like to hold her, my liege?"

Demon King: "Uhh..."

Cleric: "Come on, there's nothing to be afraid of. Look how well behaved she is. You know this isn't normal, this could be your only chance."

He handed me to him. He held me close, and we look at each other. His cheeks went bright pink, and he couldn't help but smile.

Demon King: "She is cute... What did this to you anyway?"

Goblin: "Must have been this."

He held up the hourglass I dropped when I started running.

Big Big: "Oh, in that case, only time can turn her back."

Demon King: "Alright, I'll take her back to her cell."

I tried to restrain myself, but my childlike curiosity got the better of me and I tugged on his hair.

Demon King: "Ow! Hey, cut it out!"

I giggled.

Demon King: "Damn it... I can't stay mad at you when you're like this."

All that running around, and mischief made me tired, so I fell asleep on the way back to me cell. I didn't know this, but the Demon King stayed by my bed until I returned to normal in my sleep.

Demon King: "I'll keep you safe, Princess Y/N."