CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Chapter 17 – In the Winter, Wear Thick Clothes

Seasons and weather had no effect on high-level cultivators, but for ordinary demons with a low cultivation level, winter was a difficult season. The Duanping Mountains Range area had distinct four seasons. The tail of autumn had yet to completely passed, but the entire Duanping was already freezing cold.
One morning, Lu Yaoyao was brought by Beautiful Daddy to the lake as usual when she saw the white snow fluttering. She realized that the season had changed. The Ruyi brocade on her body was not only immune to dirt, but it also kept her warm and comfortable. In addition, what Lu Yaoyao ate every day was high-class spiritual food, so she didn’t feel cold even when being exposed to the winter wind.

However, Lu Yaoyao’s little brain instinctively thought that she should wear thick clothes, not this thin bellyband that exposed many of her skins. Lu Yaoyao hugged Beautiful Daddy’s neck, and babbled ‘ah, ah’ a few times. Before she could express her meaning, however, her attention was taken over by Beautiful Father’s back figure.

Yao Jiuxiao stood on the edge of the lake, looking out to the distance. Snowflakes fluttered from the sky, falling on his white robe before melting and disappearing. He stood still, motionless. The icy wind blew on the hem of his clothes. His whole figure was like an ink painting, beautiful and ephemeral.

Lu Yaoyao was so mesmerized, having her eyes totally captivated by her father’s beautiful figure. After a long time, she tilted her head and babbled in confusion: “Uh?” What happens to Father? Why is he standing motionlessly in the snow?

How could Lu Qingyu know? He snorted in contempt, thinking that Yao Jiuxiao was plotting something again, so he didn’t say anything to the child.

Lu Yaoyao pointed her chubby finger at Father, and patted Beautiful Daddy’s arm with her other hand, motioning him to take her to her Father.

Lu Qingyu wanted to pretend that he didn’t understand, but he couldn’t win against his daughter’s persistence and reluctantly walked over.

Lu Yaoyao urged him to go faster: Beautiful Daddy, hurry up!

Lu Qingyu’s face darkened even more.

When their distance was about two meters away, Yao Jiuxiao, who had noticed the two were coming, turned his body around.

Lu Yaoyao bounced around with her upper body, stretching out her hands towards Beautiful Father, who looked as cold as the winter white snow itself. She babbled noisily with her baby tongue: Father, what’s the matter with you?

Lu Qingyu couldn’t help feeling sour and lightly smacked the child’s wiggling butt.

Unfilial child. Why had he never seen her being this caring about him?

Instead of walking towards Yao Jiuxiao, he changed direction and moved some distance away, making Lu Yaoyao yell in protest.

When Yao Jiuxiao’s gaze fell on his daughter, the cold atmosphere around him dissipated a little, revealing a warmness. He walked towards the child and picked her into his embrace.

Lu Yaoyao sat upright in Yao Jiuxiao’s arms, pasting her chubby short hands on Father’s cheeks. She babbled in concern, rubbing his face with her small forehead.

Father, don’t be sad.

Maybe because Father had been outside for a while, but his face was very cold. Only after she rubbed it for a long time that it got warmed a little.

Yao Jiuxiao realized that the child might have misunderstood. He was merely thinking about something, not being sad. However, feeling the soft and warm little hands and the small face pressed against his…Yao Jiuxiao chose to keep silent.