four -edited-

-Jacob-

The following day Charlie shows up at the Cullens as he said he would to see Bella only for me to get scolded like a child. "Look, I solved a problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?" I ask, they've been getting on my last nerves and the Elizabeth situation wasn't helping. "You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us." Bella states. "No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. I only said you were different." "And that we have a niece who we adopted." Edward butts in. "I mean, seriously, Jake, he's not just gonna let that go."

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white-hot branding iron down her throat. That's assuming she can control her thirst." Edward says. "Look, Charlie's been in hell. And I know you'll be much happier with him in your life." "Jacob, don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself." I shrug, not caring as I see Elizabeth walk in. "Sorry you feel that way because he'll be here in ten minutes." "What?" I stare at Elizabeth as I walk in, stopping her from walking any further. "Lizabeth-"

"Save it, Jacob." "No, come on, baby, talk to me." I grab her hands, pulling her to me. "Jacob." She sighs, going to pull her hands away when I grip them tighter. "Baby, please." "Jacob, leave me be." My hands slide up to her elbows, pulling her closer. "She said leave her be, mutt." Rosalie butts in. "Butt out, Rosalie." In a flash she's in front of me, pushing Elizabeth behind her carefully. "She said leave her be." Her voice is firm as she holds my imprint behind her. "Elizabeth, babe, talk to me." I step to the side to see her, her eyes are locked on the floor as tears well up in them.

"Leave her alone." Rosalie turns, wrapping her arm around her shoulder, and walking her away from me. I sigh, walking outside just as my eyes start to fill with tears, knowing I have to pretend it doesn't bother me. "Damn." I mutter, kicking the tire of my truck. Charlie pulls up just as I start to walk inside. I lead him in with Carlisle, watching as he stares at his daughter who looks like his daughter but doesn't. Elizabeth walks in, looks at me, and quickly leaves. I follow after, carefully grabbing her hand. "Elizabeth, listen, you've gotta believe that everything I did was because I love you."

"Jacob, you can't keep doing shitty things then expecting me to forgive you." "Liz-" She shakes her head, pulling her hand from mine. "Give me time." "I can't do that, Elizabeth. You know I can't." She goes to step around when I grab her hips, stopping her, one hand coming up and cupping her cheek. "Come on, don't do this to me." Her eyes well up with tears as she shakes her head again, pulling away. "Give me time." She repeats, pushing past me. "How long?" "Excuse me?" She turns and looks at me. "How long, Elizabeth? And how many times are you gonna let Embry turn you against me?"

"Turn me against you? How self-involved can you be? This isn't just about you. It's about me, and realizing I deserve better." "Better? Honey, Embry is no better than I am if this is what he's doing." I hiss, watching her expression change from angry to furious. "So that's what you think is happening? I'm trying to get with Embry? If that's the case then this is no longer a break, but a breakup." "No, Elizabeth, don't twist my words." She shakes her head, her hands curled up into fists. "Jacob, I love you, but we're done." She storms off, tears flooding her eyes again as Rosalie walks over.

"You clearly need help getting her back, and bringing Embry into it isn't gonna help." She says, setting her hand on my shoulder. "It's like she would rather be with him sometimes." She sighs, removing her hand and shrugging. "That's because he listens. Do you listen to what she says-" "Always." "If that were true you wouldn't have cut me off halfway through my sentence." She smirks, crossing her arms over her chest. I go to open my mouth when I realize she's right. "Damn." "Exactly, now, you've gotta start getting along with Embry again. It's clear she loves both of you."

"You're smarter than I thought, blondie." "And you're dumber than I thought, dog." She turns on her heel and walks away as I speed out to my truck, I'm still gonna kill Embry Call. As soon as I turn the key my truck sputters but doesn't start. "What the hell?" I look up and find Edward standing with my battery in his hands. "You can't hurt him, Jacob." "The hell I can't. He's turned Elizabeth against me for the last time." He shakes his head, looking at the house. I look over to Elizabeth scurry away from the window, knowing she was watching until I looked. "Turned or made her realize all you've done?" He asks.

"This isn't the first time Embry has done this, and as long as we're together he's not gonna stop." "She realized this on her own, Jacob. He just told her to talk to you." I turned Elizabeth against me. "Now you get it." "Stop reading my thoughts." "Sorry." He smirks slightly, setting the battery back in its place. "Now go fix it with Elizabeth." I rush inside, grabbing Elizabeth and stopping her from cleaning anymore. "Jacob-" I grab her face, pressing my lips to hers as she immediately melts in my hands, sighing. I pull back, staring at her. "Talk to me, Elizabeth." She rolls her eyes.

She pulls me outside, away from everyone else. "What is your deal?" She hisses, glaring at me. "I love you, Elizabeth Renee Swan, I genuinely do." "Jacob." She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I'll get along with Embry, and I'll listen, and I won't keep doing shitty things. Elizabeth, I love you." I grab her hands to have her sigh and roll her eyes again. "You're an idiot." She says, pulling her hands away, and looking up at me. "I need time." "Take as much time as you need but please, for the love of everything holy, please don't push me out again." She nods, looking down. "I'm sorry."