S E D I C I

"So, what do humans do all day?" Felix asked as they walked through the castle.

At first, Cecilia had been afraid of the big brute who reminded her somewhat of Emmett, but worse. She knew it would only take a small nudge for her to end up against the wall, possibly breaking all of her bones. Then again, if Jane would do it, it would have the same effect, but at least she appeared less... threatening. In size then, because her facial expressions made up for it.

However, she soon learned that Felix was probably the only vampire in Volterra with a sense of humour that didn't consist of scaring her half to death. He was also Demetri's best friend and so far he'd shared some interesting facts.

"We eat, we drink, we sleep, we work, we go to school," she replied, shrugging. She didn't understand the Volturi's fascination with her human life, maybe it was because they didn't have a lot of respect for mortality outside of her. "It's probably a lot more interesting than being a vampire for centuries."

"I highly doubt that," Felix replied. "It sounds boring to me."

She rolled her eyes. "Like staying in one place for and doing the same thing but slightly different for decades on end is so much more exciting."

"Are you insulting me?" Felix asked, turning his head to watch her. He was even taller than Demetri and the difference in height was more impressive as well.

She smiled innocently, her hands folded together. "I wouldn't dare."

Felix nodded and shifted his eyes to the corridor in front of them. "You know, back in the day, when Demetri was still absurdly nostalgic about his Greek roots," he said, causing a soft chuckle to escape Cecilia's mouth. "We used to pick a book or a topic and we would discuss it after a week or two. Jane and Alec joined in as well, but after a while, we stopped since we ran out of the good stuff, you know? Maybe we should start it again, you could join too."

"Like a symposium?" she said and as soon as the words left her mouth, her brain started to work. It was as if she finally saw the missing piece to the puzzle and everything just shifted together. Symposium literally meant 'drinking together' and it was something the ancient Greeks used to. Every once in a while, they would organise an evening, which mostly consisted of drinking themselves half to death, but in which educated words about a certain topic were exchanged as well. It was also a book written by an ancient author.

"Plato's symposium!" she cried out, effectively cutting off Felix mid-sentence. She clasped her hands together, loving the feeling of triumph rushing through her veins. "Marcus' 'little drink and good discussion'! Gosh, I am smart."

"I feel like you just blabbered in a language only you can understand," Felix said, staring at her with an incredulous expression on his face. The expression on his face slowly turned from disbelief to worry. "Are you having a stroke? Humans have strokes, right? Demetri will murder me if you die."

"Get your hands out of my face," she said, slapping them away. She felt fine. In fact, she felt more than fine. She loved the feeling of cracking a riddle. "We need to get to the library straight away."

"What's in the library?" he asked, but he did turn around and take a left.

"The answer to my question," she said, increasing her pace. "Come on, hurry up."

"You're uttering nonsense," Felix muttered. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"

"Positive," she replied determinedly.

Though Felix was the one knowing the way to the library, it was Cecilia who urged him to hurry as if he was the human and she was the vampire. Her fingers were itching to grab the book she wanted and as soon as they entered the library, she walked to the aisle with the P.