7

Y/n pov.

I woke up later than usual. I just couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about everything that happened with Jacob. I laid in my bed, looking up at the ceiling, waiting for something to happen. Then I remembered that Scarlett said we would hang out today. 

I jumped out of bed with sudden excitement. I'm still nervous about how much I can trust Scarlett, but after last night, I think we are starting off on the right track. After doing my morning routine and getting dressed I walked downstairs. There was a plate on the table with a note. 

Dear Y/n,

I made you breakfast, I hope you like it. If you wanted to eat together I'm sorry, I thought I would let you sleep. 

As for why I am not there, I had couple errands to run. I figured I would get them done before we hung out for the rest of the day. I should be back by noon. Enjoy your breakfast!

Love,

Scarlett :)

After reading Scarlett's note, I smiled and started to eat my waffles. It's about 10:30 now so I have an hour and a half until she gets here. I'm already dressed so after eating I decided I would practice my instrument. 

Since it's November, auditions for all county are coming up. All county is basically just my whole school district playing in an honors orchestra for one concert. I have been doing all county for about three years so I'm not worried about getting in. That doesn't mean I won't practice, just because I am good now doesn't mean I can't be better. 

The audition process wasn't too bad. I had to play some basic scales and the audition piece provided. I must have been practicing for a while now because after I finished I heard clapping. I jumped and turned around, only to find Scarlett standing there. What a creep, I didn't even hear her. Maybe she really is the black widow, well maybe not, since Natasha is dead. Anyway..."Jesus, Scarlett. You scared me."

"Sorry y/n, I just heard you playing and didn't want to interrupt."

"Oh well, what did you think?" I asked nervously.

"I think you sound great. What are you practicing for?" she replied with a large smile.

"I'm practicing for this audition. It's for this thing called all county where people from my school district all play together for a concert."

"When do you audition?"

"In two weeks. Also, sorry for not telling you about it, I forgot and I never really had anyone who would care anyways so." I mumbled the last bit, hoping she wouldn't hear me.

"It's fine y/n, we both aren't used to each other yet, you don't have to apologize. When you make it in do you think I could come to your concert?"

"What makes you think I'll get in?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Well you made it seem like you have done it before, plus you sound really good. I might not know much about your instrument but I think they would be missing out if they didn't pick you."

"Thank you, Scarlett. Also, of course, you can come to my concert. If I make it in of course."

"Great, I can't wait. Are you done practicing or?"

"I'm done. Just let me pack and then we can go." She nodded and then left my room. After putting my instrument away, I went downstairs. "I'm ready to go."

"Alright let's go." We got in the car and Scarlett started to pull off. "So, what did you decide for us to do today?"

"Well, I thought maybe we could go go-karting? Is that okay?"