11

AN: for those confused, this is just one of the many times the group goes to the lake house, not... well you know. In See Me, in the first chapter they talk about this time, (where Seren strips.) 

After calling Cain and asking for the directions to this apparently famous lake house, since Seren clearly wasn't able to give them seeing that she was snoring in my passenger seat, I drove the almost two hours in silence.

Mostly, wondering why the hell I had volunteered to come.

I was only on heightened awareness of her proximity to me for the first half an hour, casting sideways glances at her every few miles. After that, it was pretty obvious that she wasn't going to wake up.

I wondered if she actually enjoyed being this drunk every weekend. I wondered what feeling she was chasing that she felt when she was drunk that she couldn't get sober. I've only been that drunk a couple of times in my life, and every time my body had protested like I was trying to feed it fire.

It can't feel all that good, can it?

My back was stiff from the long drive, and I muttered a curse as I double checked the address Cain had sent me against the house I was pretty sure was our destination. Before I could even see the black numbers against the white siding, the number of cars in the large driveway was a dead giveaway that this was where the party was.

I was slightly surprised at the amount of people that were already there. Then, I remembered that West Bridge was full of rich kids, almost all of those kids had access to multiple cars to be able to make the drive out here.

Though, Seren didn't have a car. I've noticed that about her. She seemed to rely on the guys in the group for rides, mostly Jax, who didn't seem able to say no to her. I wondered why she didn't have a car. I knew she had money, by the clothes and purses that she wore.

I shook my head as I pulled into the crowded driveway, there was no sense wondering about things I'd never know the answer to. Once I put the car in park, and turned off the ignition, I looked over at Seren, unsure what to do next.

Maybe I shouldn't even have brought her here. Once you pass out from a drunk like that, there's pretty much nothing in this world that can wake you up.

And, as if she had heard my thoughts and wanted only to prove me wrong, she made a small groaning sound. She lifted her head from where it had been laying against the window, slowly as if she already had a headache.

"Where am I?" She muttered out, as she blinked her eyes rapidly. "What the fuck?"

She looked over to me, her eyes scrunching with confusion like she didn't know who I was.

"Zane?" She asked me, apparently needing to confirm it was me.

"You fell asleep," I said simply, not sure what else to tell her.

"Hm," she shook her head, running her hands through her hair. I wondered how it was possible that she still looked perfect, even though she had just spent two hours with her face pressed against glass.

"Why did you drive me? I mean," she sighed as she rubbed her eyes, "that was rude, sorry."

"It's fine," I cut her off, "I offered when you didn't seem to have a ride."

"Oh," she looked over to me again, her eyes only running over my face for a second. "Well, thanks I guess."

I was about to answer her, but by the time I opened my mouth, she had already opened the door, and was stepping out of my car.