part 1

___________

Shuichi sighed. His eyelids felt heavy as he continued staring at the screen. His eyes were fixed on it, unable to move from the glaring computer. Moving his hands at a fast speed, pressing the keys quickly as he noted down all the things he had learned about the organisation D.I.C.E. He yawned. He could hear the muffled laughter and conversation not too far from him. He pressed his back against the wall.
What a nice way to spend lunch break.

"Heeeey Mr.Detective whatchadoin??" Shuichi looked up. He rolled his eyes. There standing over him, hands behind his back with a grin was Kokichi Ouma.

"You don't look too happy to see me Saihara!! What a shame !!!" Kokichi grinned as he stood upright again.
"What's wrong Saihara??"
Shuichi sighed. Kokichi was the last person he wanted to see right now.
"Just go away Ouma." Shuichi muttered as he looked back on his computer.

Kokichi frowned.
"Hey, if you don't tell me what you are doing all alone then I'll..." he looked around.
"I'll pour this water all over your computer! How about that???" Kokichi laughed as he swiped Shuichis water from the ground.

"H-hey!! Give me that!!" Shuichi moved the laptop of his lap and stood up. He rolled his eyes again and sighed.
"I'm working on a case. There. Happy now?"Shuichi frowned as he took his water back from Kokichi.

"Oh? You should've said Saihara!! I'm the best at solving cases you know...what's the case about ??"Kokichi giggled as he leaned in closer to Shuichi.

"I-i can't say..."

"Aw no fair!! But I could help!"

Shuichi sighed.

As much as Kokichi annoyed him he knew that Kokichi was very smart. Maybe having him help wouldn't be so bad after all. Also...anything to make him shut up.
Shuichi looked at Kokichi dead in the eye.

"Fine,"
"Yay tha-"
"But."Shuichi said pressing a finger against Kokichis lip.
"You can't tell anyone about this OK??"

Kokichi grinned.
"Oh? So this will be our dirty little secret huh??"
He winked.
"U-um I-"

"Gotcha Mr.Detective!!" I won't tell a soul about what we are doing !!" He laughed as he saw Shuichis cheeks blush a little.

"So? Where do we meet up?"

"Um...at my d-dorm...t-tonight. Just come whenever you want."

Shuichi picked up the laptop and sighed, looking at Kokichi before he left.

"And Ouma..please don't tell anyone. Seriously." There was a hint of desperation in his voice.
Kokichi just nodded and winked at him.
"Of course. "

With that they departed ways.

Word count: 433