04 | A Noblewoman's Escape

D-3

THE BLAZING SUN glared overhead, the brilliant blues of the morning sky devoid of clouds, signaling a day of celebration and excitement. Throughout the capital, the streets were decorated brightly with numerous festivities as carriages proceeded through the towns and toward the Imperial Palace, richly festooned with ribbons and flowers.

The gardens were trimmed and watered, the palaces furnished with decor as nobles of varying ages were welcomed into the vast ballroom, chattering eagerly as their talks overlapped with each other. The day was great, an atmosphere of fun hung over the people, keen to meet the first princess publicly.

Sure, there were plenty that had met the princess once or twice, though those were private meetings. But now, [Name] was to be introduced to the public — the illegitimate princess who had won over the hearts of her people in just a few days was to finally be regarded a part of society. Lords great and small had witnessed her greatness, and so invited their young sons and their daughters to make connections with the royal lady.

Of course, the party was not just limited to the empire itself; nobles of different empires had come to represent their homelands and perhaps offer an alliance and better the relationship between the empires. And as the people gathered and crowded the room, the ballroom doors began to close to signify the beginning of the occasion.

The noblewomen giggled behind their fans and the noblemen swirled the wine in their glasses.

They waited as the chandelier lights brightened and the servants shrank into the shadows. Their attention was fixed on the wide staircase that led to two large doors, their interest solely on the first princess. Time ticked off the clock and minutes passed by briefly, their patience beginning to run thin, until the men by the door introduced the imperial family and everyone stood on their tiptoes, unable to contain their curiosity.

"Their Majesties, the Emperor Seille Von Obelia, the Empress Ophelia Von Obelia, and His Royal Highness the Prince Aeron Endelion Von Obelia has arrived!"

The doors swung open and the people gaped at the family, awe and amazement written on their faces. The Emperor and the Empress were dressed formally in intricately woven clothing, the royal crowns resting on their heads. The Prince, Aeron, strayed from his parents and stood at the top of the winding staircase, donning a red and white suit with a coat slung over his shoulder with gold epaulettes, his silver hair tucked behind his ears and tied into a low ponytail.

"Eep! The prince is so handsome!"

"The rumors weren't kidding! Look at his gorgeous silver hair!"

"And his pretty blue eyes..."

As the women gushed over the Prince's undeniable beauty, the doors once again opened and the men announced the arrival of the princess. Like eagles monitoring their prey, the nobles huddled closely and vied for the nearest spot to the staircase as [Name] waltzed into the ballroom, her white heels clacking against the marble floors.

"The first princess of Kalor, Her Royal Highness Princess [Name] Lucifela Vi Obelia!"

Gasps of astonishment buzzed through the crowd as [Name] walked into the room, her steps full of grace and her posture firm and elegant. The people gazed in enchantment as the prince, dressed in a resplendent ensemble — he wore a tailored suit of rich wine red color, crafted with the empire's finest silk, paired with a wondrous ivory coat with golden embroidery — had matched exquisitely with the princess, donning a delicate gown from the finest ruby red silk that flow gracefully around her figure, intricate lace adorning the bodice as the sleeves were tight around her shoulders, flowing down to her arms in a wave. The skirt of her dress cascaded in gentle ruffles, adding a touch of sophistication to the ensemble, and her heels a white color.