Chapter 14- Her Snappy Comebacks

--Alina POV--

"Wh-What is going on?" The words somehow escaped my lips through a breathy whisper as I took in the unexpected sight in front of me.

Mr Solinas was unconscious on the ground with a face that looked like it took quite the dramatic beating, and then the prideful CEO, Mr Bianchi, who looked down on women, was on his knees as if begging my husband for something.

"Alina..." Evan's voice rushed passed my ears, ringing in my head.

Quickly, I squatted down, picking up all the papers that I dropped in my surprise, acting as though I hadn't heard him.

"Alina," He called again.

"I... Have to get back to work," I awkwardly handed the papers to the still kneeling Mr Bianchi, before standing back up straight and spinning on my heel to head back to the studio.

"Do not walk away from me, Alina," Evan reached out, grabbing my forearm as I stopped.

"Let me go, Evan... I am confused right now," I tried to release myself from his grip, but it was a futile attempt considering his strength.

"Will you listen to me?" He calmly asked as I came to a pause, realising that it would probably be best to not jump to conclusions and listen to what it was that he had to say.

So, looking at his expensive shoes with my head tilted down, I slowly nodded.

"This isn't what it looks like. I beat Alessandro up because... He was being a bloody bastard, he was begging for it," Confused on whether this was a joke or not, I looked at him with furrowed brows. Is he being serious right now?

"And Ademaro is on his knees of his own free will, he wants me to invest in this company," He added on, shrugging as if I was honestly expected to believe this silly crap.

Shaking my head at him in disbelief, I stepped back, looking at him with so much disappointment on my face... I can't believe this, is this really the same man that I married? What happened to the quietly intimidating Evander that knew nothing about romance, but still tried his best in trying to woo me? What happened to him?

"You can't..." I started, biting back my breath. "You cannot seriously expect me to believe that lie," I glared at him, and he blinked, taken back, or rather, surprised that I had seen through him, but still, he didn't want to give up.

"Whoever said it was a lie? Am I lying, Ademaro? Did I force you to get on your knees?" He turned back to look at the kneeling man who quickly shook his head.

"See, Amore Mio. I told you, this is not what it looks like, it's all just a big-"

"A twisted lie that you're telling me, hiding parts of the truth to make yourself seem less guilty," I cut him off. "What were you doing that caused the proud Mr Bianchi to get on his knees? And what did Mr Solinas do to test your patience? And what made it okay for you to hurt him in such a way? I do not see even a single wound on you, that was a one-sided fight,"

Evan looked at me with wide eyes, a small smirk creeping onto his face as he lightly chuckled, stepping towards me, and all of a sudden, I felt so small.

"Who knew that my wife was such a detective?" Raising a hand, he cupped my cheek in his palm, and scoffing, I pushed him away from me.

"There is nothing detective about it, any normal person would be able to see it... And, it is not alright to treat another being like that, Evan. You have to apologise,"

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry Tesoro Mio, I won't do it anymore," He stepped forward again, wrapping his arms around my waist as I placed my hands on his chest.