Chapter 20- Stuck in a Trance

--Alina POV--

"It is nice to see you, Duchess Moretti,"

The doctor warmly welcomed me as I entered her office with my husband in tow.

Said husband of mine seemed rather amused as of late, was my morning sickness, and mood swings that amusing to him?

"Likewise, I hope you are well," I greeted, shaking the woman's hand before sitting down on the visitors' chair, and Evan took the vacant seat beside me.

"So, what can I help you with today?" She asked, spinning around on her chair to type something into her monitor.

"I think I have a stomach bug..." I started.

Evan coughed out a chuckle beside me to which I glared at him, pinching his cheek as he hissed, and then when I turned back to look at the doctor, she too had an amused look on her face at my thoughts.

"A stomach bug? Can I ask why you think that?"

"Well, as of late I just can't seem to relax, I thought maybe it's because of the upcoming party that we'll be hosting, but I'm not sure. I've been having morning sickness for the last few days, I throw up everything that I manage to put down my throat, and don't even get me started on the smell of coffee, I go running straight to the bathroom," I shivered at all the memories.

Thank god most people in our household are 'tea' people.

"Is it just morning sickness?" She asked, typing away on the keyboard, and I took a moment to think back to any new odd things going on with me.

"I'm also feeling a lot more tired than usual despite sticking to the same sleeping schedule as always," And drinking a warm cup of milk before sleeping used to always help.

"Her breasts have grown a bit as well, she has really weird cravings as of late too," Evan answered. I glared at the last comment of his, but he only kissed the side of my head in reply, going to hold my hand in his.

There were a few moments of silence as we waited for the doctor to finish her typing, and once she was done, she got her stethoscope, shuffling closer to me with her chair.

"May I check your heartbeat?" She asked, and nodding my head, I complied.

She took a few more quick tests like that for the next few minutes, writing some more information down on the computer before turning to look at me.

"Can I ask if you've had your menstruation cycle lately?"

"I've not had it this month yet, but I didn't think much of it because I'm already irregular with my period," I blinked, starting to wonder if there really was something wrong with me.

Maybe I should have come to the doctors' on the first day of my morning sickness.

What if Evan wasn't overreacting? What if the stomach bug has gotten out of control?

"Well, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that it's not a stomach bug that you have, although you may consider it to be something of the sort," She joked as I raised a confused brow.