Chapter Twelve.

Xander

"Alpha." A voice called, breaking the silence that had settles between Leon and I. We looked towards the place the sound came from and saw Uncle Andrew, Leon's Beta, standing at the entrance to the living room.

"What is it?" Leon asked as he stood up, walking over to Andrew.

"The witch you told us to get from the border. She's here with her mate and son." Andrew said and I felt myself get up before I could even think of anything.

"Take me to her." I told Uncle Andrew and he looked at Leon in question.

"Bring them here." Leon said instead and Uncle Andrew nodded, giving me a last look before he left the room again. Leon sighed and ran a hand on his face. Before we could say anything, the sound of footsteps came, alerting us of someone coming.

It was Bella and Ma Jennifer. As I looked closer, I could see that Bella had finally had the bath and changed clothes as she came towards me. Walking hand in hand with her mother, but she let go nice she saw me, speed walking towards me. I walked over to her and hugged her tightly to me, feeling her fists clench tightly around the back of my shirt.

"Are you alright?" I whispered and felt her nod slowly. She pulled away and gave me a soft smile, a small nod after, she leaned up and kissed me softly on the cheek. I tightened my arms around her, grateful to have her back with me again as she buried her nose in my neck.

The sound of a throat clearing came, a very familiar one. Bella and I chuckles, pulling away to look at Leon giving us a raised eyebrow while Ma Jennifer gave a small giggle at the old gesture.

"Give us a break, daddy." Bella said with a laugh and Leon sighed in defeat giving a small chuckle as well. He raised his hands in defeat, and the rest of us gave a laugh to which he joined in after a second.

"Alpha." Uncle Andrew's voice came and we turned towards them to see him coming towards us, a family of three following behind him with Uncle James behind them.

Immediately the room filled with the scent of a witch, and to my surprise, the scent of a vampire. My eyes darted towards the male, trying to study his features to determine that my nose was alright. As I studied his features, the pale skin though was a dead giveaway; along with the scent of animal blood coming from him.

His hand, I noticed, was clutching the females, while the other held onto the small boy who couldn't be more than three years old.

"Maria!" Bella exclaimed and pulled away from me, running towards the female before engulfing her in a fierce hug. The female, Maria, let out an 'Oof' when Bella collided with her, but after a small laugh, she hugged Bella back.

"I'm alright." Maria said. Her blonde hair fell on her face as she rested her head of Bella's. Bella nodded and stepped back

"Bell!" The boy exclaimed and clutched onto Bella's jeans. "Up!" The boy said in a commanding tone only a child could get away with. Bella complied with a chuckle as she lifted the boy up in her arms, before turning towards us.

"Daddy, this is the witch I told you about." Bella introduced. "This is Maria, her mate, Holden, and this little tyke is Brent." Bella said, giving a small tickle to Brent's stomach to which he reacted by laughing but pushed her hand away. Leon nodded, stepping up and held out his hand.

"I'm Leon, Bella's father. This is my mate, Jennifer, and thi-"

"Is my mate, Xander." Bella interrupted Leon as she came towards me, linking my arm with hers. I just smiled and shook my head. Maria and Holden chuckled as Holden reached out and shook hands with Leon.

"Thank you for letting us stay here. We owe a huge debt to your daughter." Holden said and Maria's face sobered from any sign of amusement.

"That is-"

"Why don't you go freshen up first?" Ma Jennifer suggested as she went to Leon's side. "I'm sure we could arrange some fresh clothes for you all."

"Thank you. We really appreciate you doing this for us." Holden replied, nodding at Ma Jennifer who just let out a small smile. She called for Melody who led our guests to their rooms, Brent following his mom after leaving Bella's arms.

As soon as the family of three left the room, Ma Jennifer turned to Leon and I with a sharp look in her eyes I hadn't seen in over a year.

"Alright. Spill it."

Leon and I stiffened while Bella just looked at us in confusion.

"Spill what, sweetheart?" Leon asked, letting out a faint chuckle as he tried to wrap an arm around Ma Jennifer who dodged him.

"Stop trying to change the subject. I know you've been hiding something from me for the past two days. I let it slide because I didn't want to bother you about my doubts but now i want to know. What exactly is going on?" Ma Jennifer demanded. I felt a little pity for Leon to be stuck in this position but I was glad Ma Jennifer wasn't targeting me too. "And you too, Xander."

You thought that too soon. My wolf snickered as I groaned internally.

What is she talking about? Bella asked through the bond and I tried not to show a guilty expression.

She wants to know about Abigail. She must have caught onto something. I replied and could almost hear Bella's breath hitch in guilt.

"Are you not going to tell me?" Ma Jennifer asked again and Leon sighed.

"It's not that, sweetheart..."

"You think I don't know that the Bella previously wasn't the real one?" Ma Jennifer's question stunned us all into another kind of silence. "How could I not recognise the daughter I spent years raising on my own? I just pretended because you all seemed to believe that the fake Bella was the real one."

"But then why...?"

"I told you before, Leon. I wasn't a good mate to you for the past year. I really thought she was Bella at first but it didn't take me more than a day to realise that she was a fake. I didn't want to show you that side of me even I had come to hate. So, I pretended nothing was wrong while still looking for the real Bella. Imagine my surprise when she suddenly showed up." Ma Jennifer and Bella both chuckled with tears in their eyes. Ma Jennifer came over to us and hugged Bella tightly.

"My baby is back."

————————————————————————————————————

AN: I admit. This was long overdue. Comment, Vote, Follow :)