Chapter Four.

Isabella

Even with the threat looming over us, I was in that one place I hated.

School.

It's not that I hated studying or being in school, it's just that school was the only place Xander and I had to separate. But I did have many friends here. It was a human and werewolf school, but the majority was of us werewolves due to the school being in dad's pack.

What was worse that Xander was in his last year. And I still had three years to go. So, I wasn't very pleased about the things that'll happen at the end of the school year.

"Bella? Isabella, snap out of it!" A voice shouted, making me jerk back from my thoughts and quiet literally. Hands caught me as I was about to fall from my chair. I looked up and glared at Cathy, my best friend. She was one of the few humans here.

"What?" I asked as I sat up straight, looking up to see it was Xander who caught me and I couldn't help but give him a bright smile. He gave me a smile in return and shook his head, chuckling. A throat clearing made us look towards Cathy who was giving us a raised eyebrow. "What?" I asked again. Cathy shook her head.

"The bell rang three minutes ago." She said and my eyes widened.

"What!?" I exclaimed and got up from my chair, grabbing my bag.

"Bells-"

"Not now, Xan! I'm late for class!" I shouted as I ran out of the lunch hall.

Biology was one subject I was good at. However, Mrs. Lincoln, the teacher, was someone who didn't like me. She was the only human teacher here and hated the fact that the other teachers, even the principal respected me due to me being the Alpha's daughter. Luckily, the halls were empty so I was able to run quickly towards the room.

"How nice of you to finally join us, Ms. Wolf." Mrs. Lincoln said with a fake happy tone. The humans in the class snickered while the others looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry, Mrs. Lincoln, but I was had an emergency." I said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really? And what may I ask was that?" She asked and the class snickered again but shut up and I glared at them. I cleared

my throat and then gave her a look.

"If it was something that should be known publicly, I wouldn't have labeled it as an emergency. I hope you understand that, Mrs. Lincoln." I said and her face turned red. I shrugged and then moved towards my desk before sitting down, ignoring her glare.

She carried on with the class then, giving me occasional looks and glares. I ignored her, only paying attention to what she was teaching as well as writing on the board. I carefully made my notes, examining them on the spot encore moving on.

By the time the bell rang, I had filled another five pages with my notes. I sighed in relief as I closed my pen and stretched my fingers, relieving some on the pain. I packed my bags before walking out, knowing at Mrs. Lincoln would have stopped me if I was one of the last few to exit the room.

As I exited the room someone crashed into me. I let out a grunt from the impact and felt an arm wrap around my waist. To my further surprise the person started running, pushing me along.

"Hey! Wha-" I cut off when I saw who it was.

The king of rogues was grinning down at me mischievously.

I started struggling to get out of his arms but he tightened his hold on me. Because of his speed, no one was able to see what was happening.

"Xander! Xan-" My voice got muffled when he pushed a cloth on my face. My eyes widened when I realised what it was and held my breath. The man chuckled as he ran out of the school building and into the forest behind it, stopping at a distance where even

Xander wouldn't hear if I screamed.

"Breathe, princess." He said wickedly but I struggled to get out of his hold. He pulled my head back suddenly, making me gasp in pain, and unknowingly smell the chloroform on the cloth. "That's right. Breathe."

And then my whole world turned black.

Xander

"Hey, where is Bella?" I asked one of Bella's classmate. I couldn't find her anywhere.

"I don't know, Xander." He replied and then bowed. I sighed and nodded.

"Alright. Thank you." I said and then started walking towards her biology class, thinking that Mrs. Lincoln kept her back.

I don't know why but Mrs. Lincoln liked me a lot. She always kept praising me as a student whereas she hated Bella with a passion. And she hated the fact that Bella and I were dating. It was like her best and worst students were together. Age always kept telling me to find someone better than Bella, like Avery, her other favourite student who had a thing for me. Did I mention that Avery was Mrs. Lincoln's daughter? So yeah, Bella really didn't get along with any of them.

I knocked on her classroom door and heard her call back. "Come in." I opened the door and saw her sitting behind her desk, looking over at papers. She looked up and smiled when she noticed with was me. "Ah, Xander. What can I do for you?" She asked and I cleared my throat.

"I was looking for Bella, actually, Mrs. Lincoln. Do you know where I might find her?" I asked and her smile fell into a scowl.

"I haven't." She snapped. "Really, Xander, you really should get rid of her." She said and I hid my frown.

"No, sorry, Mrs. Lincoln. She's not going anywhere." I said and left the room before she could say anything else. I sighed and took a deep breath, frowning when I caught a strange scent. I sniffed lowly and caught Bella's scent mixed with it. My eyes widened and I quickly followed that scent at a human pace. I frowned even more when the scent led me outside the school gates, concern was rising within me every second of every minute. The scent got stronger as I followed it. It smelled like it was a few minutes old.

I prayed I wasn't too late.

—————————————————————————————————————

AN: hey! Sorry for updating so late and making it short but I'm really at a loss of how or what to do in the story. I'm also going to be starting college in a few days so the updates will slow down. I hope you all understand. Comment, Vote and Follow :)