Chapter 32

The Predacons flew on a rage path, and I could do nothing to stop them.

I raced back to the bridge, running past patrolling vehicons, who all watched me with wary optics. They didn't interfere. By time I arrived at the window, the four shapes were long gone, flying towards the space bridge.

Megatron laughed over the cons. "Pathetic human," he chuckled. "To think she is supposed to stop me."

"Lora," I breathed. "No."

"Starscream, collect her for me," Megatron commanded. He no doubt ignored Lora and turned back to the fight.

"Leave her alone!" I wanted to yell, but I kept it in, I hid if from the cons around me.

"With pleasure my lord," Starscream said. I gritted my teeth. Next time I saw him, he was so dead. Not even the amulet would be able to stop me.

Starscream let out a screech. "The... the foul beast is protecting her," he said, flabbergasted.

Yes! It worked. The predacons listened, they understood the truth. "Thank Primus."

The grin on my face probably gave me away to all of the vehicons around the bridge, knowing I was involved. But I didn't care, not at this point.

Satisfied, I turned and left. My job was done, the Autobot's victory was secure and the Deceptioncs were to be once again space bridge-less. Even if I wasn't with them anymore, I was still on the Autobot's side, and no matter of time, nor the amulet's influence would change that.

No one gave me a second look at I left. I walked back to my room, and smiled to myself. This, couldn't have played out any better.

••••••••••••••

Megatron had called a retreat, reluctantly, and with Starscream's help. He hadn't approached me. I didn't think he knew that the Predacons' betrayal was my doing, probably believing the standing order of not contacting the Autobots preventing me of doing such an action. I didn't know, but it was nice to have played a part in that fight. The energy I had about me didn't falter for the rest of the day.

I had discovered that the whole reason Megatron was at the space bridge was due to him going after other Dinobots. The seven that I had known of where only a few. Shockwave had created more, and sent them out into the galaxy just as he had done to Grimlock and everyone else. The Predacons' had told me that just before they had left.

Solus and I exchanged stories when she returned. She had been on the battlefield, and explained to me all of the details she had seen, including Lora going for the amulet of death. Apparently Lora had been pulled into its realm, and thanks to Solus' help, the prime had gotten her to break the amulet's hold. I couldn't thank her enough. Only when Solus tuned the attention to me convincing the Predacons of the truth did I stop.

"What did you say to them?" She asked me as we walked through the halls. I had received a few weird looks as I talked, as they couldn't see Solus, it looked like I was talking to myself. I didn't care at this point.

"Honestly, I just spat out the first, logical things that came to my head, then it all came spilling out in one big mess. It sounded incoherent to me, but I guess they understood." I shrugged.

"I'm glad that it did work; it saved Lora's life. She was just floating aimlessly though space and one of them grabbed her just before Starscream did, attacked him, then ran. They turned the tied in the Autobot's favour."

I looked away from her and smiled. "I'm glad I can still do something."

"Smokescreen?"

"Yeah?" I looked back at her.