03 - WEED MIXED WITH TEARS

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘.

          Warm air whipped at their skin ,  leaving bloodied lashes behind

          Warm air whipped at their skin ,  leaving bloodied lashes behind.  Waves crashed onto eachother ,  one by one ,  slowly then all at once.  Jude's eyes were stuck on them and the way they moved.  The textured sand helping leave imprints on the bottom of his feet ,  sitting there ,  a million thoughts running in his mind as he tried making sense of the situation.

   "I'm sure he'll be back."

   Teenage Rafe.  Soft Rafe.  The Rafe before the parties and the ego.  The Rafe that Jude had always known sat beside him ,  eyes watching him with sympathy pouring from his soul to Jude's—  hoping he felt it.  He wasn't good at talking.  Or at words.  When people cried ,  he clammed up ,  suddenly unable to even speak a proper sentence.  Though ,  he was trying.

   Jude looked over at him shortly ,  shrugging.  "I don't think so ,  Rafe.  Not this time."

   His parents always had a complication relationship.  From the moment Jude could have cognitive thoughts and emotions ,  the shouts and disagreements between them were all he had ever known.  He didn't have fond memories of them ,  family memories.  Jude saw this coming when he turned twelve but now at fourteen—  the weight of the situation drowned him and wondered what life would be like now.  What would be the aftermath?

   Somehow tears welled up in Jude's eyes.  To which he hastily wiped them away.  He didn't want to cry.  Crying meant that he felt something ,  which he didn't want to accept.  Crying meant that his dad had succeeded at hurting him and Jude couldn't bring himself to give him that satisfaction.  After all the lying ,  the stealing—  cheating. . .  He just had to end it on a bang! Make it more memorable than ever.  Branding it in Jude's skin with iron.

   "It's okay to be sad.Rafe muttered softly beside him.  His own chest squeezing at the sight of his friend.  Without thinking much of it ,  he wrapped an arm around Jude's shoulder and brought him close.  Guiding his head to rest in the crook of his neck to hide the tears and blotchy face away from anyone who'd pass.  Securing him a place to feel safe.