04 - HARSH AND DARK REALITY.

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘.

          Jude woke up the next morning with a splitting headache

          Jude woke up the next morning with a splitting headache.  Hands grabbed at his forehead with a groan.  The bed felt empty next to him which made him sigh softly to himself.  He knew Rafe had left not too long after he had fallen asleep.  He did it every single time Jude was over at his house. . .  Even when Jude was at the Cameron's somehow he was gone by the time Jude had woken up.  Either eating breakfast without him or making quick plans with Topper and Kelce at the Country Club.

   Ignoring the ache Rafe's absence left in his chest Jude turned over to check his phone.

   MAYBANK:  morning jude
   RAFE:  left around 4.  see u l8er ig.
   B:  country club stopped by. u need some?

   Jude read over each text message with an eye roll.  He ignored the texts deciding that he wasn't in the mood for socialization and that Rafe didn't care if he answered or not.

   It had been a while.  Longer than what Jude usually liked and so Barry was the only one who got a response.  It was early enough in the morning to where he didn't feel too sketched out to make a ride to the trailer.  Plus he needed a pick me up after last night.  His heart was broken.  The words played back in his head over and over and wouldn't stop.  He wanted them to stop.

   yea.  same as usual.  see u in a bit.

   Jude got up from the bed to get dressed.  His arm itched.  JJ's weed only sufficed for so long.  He wasn't necessarily proud of his habit.  Nothing about it was good.  Though he didn't particularly care about it either.  Being a secret was only to prevent his mom from shipping him off to rehab.  He didn't want help and didn't plan to stop any time soon.

   Coke wasn't the best habit to have.  She knew that.  He just didn't care.  It gave him an escape.  Brought peace to his mind that was constantly going.  It helped him feel numb ,  empty.  He liked feeling that way.  Especially because he hated loving Rafe Cameron and most of all he hated himself.