Chapter 5- Ditching

•••Picture of Stephanie•••

Grayson's Pov.

God everything was going perfect at lunch until now. Why did my beta have to mess this up? He is so delicate and he was just starting to relax. Yeah, I was watching how he was moving throughout the whole lunch. Well he was really jumpy with everything that talked or touched him. I am going to figure out who did this to him.

Realizing that I was staring off, I brought my attention back to my perfect mate. He just shrugged and looked down to his plate., like he was submitting or something. Ok, something went wrong when he was growing up. By the way of his body movements its bad. Plus, I don't think he knows that he is a vampire or he wouldn't have sat with us. Right?

"How old are you Jace?" I ask softly trying to change the subject. He held up one fingure then seven. That makes sense. His parents cans still hide it from him till her turns 18. So he probably doesn't know.

"What's wrong with the kid?" James asks through midlink.

"I don't know. He has been like this since we met. The only difference was that he said his name to me. But now he doesn't talk or make eye contact with me." I tell them. Right when I was about to ask something to Jace, the bell rings. Jason quickly gets up and leaves as fast as he can. I can't believe my mate is running away from me. This sucks. My friends and I wave good bye and I head to my next class.

When I walk in, I smell my wonderful mate Jason. He is sitting in the corner with his head down. I head to sit next to him, he doesn't notice that I am here so I just stare at him. What?! I am not creepy it is normal to stare at your mate. I am interrupted by my thoughts when I feel weight on my leg. I look over and see the skank that tried to get me in bed the first day.

"Hey baby. Why don't you leave this freak and come sit with me?" He asks teasingly, while stroke my arm. I stare at her in complete shock. How could anyone show so much disrespect towards me?

"What are you looking at freak?!" She says with venom in her tone to my mate. Ok she pushed it. First of all she called my mate a name and disrespected me. I push her off of me in anger.

"Who do you think you are?! You have no right to treate him like that, he has done nothing to you from what I have seen and you call him names. Also treating me like I am your next prey to eat." I say with so much anger. After my wonderful speech, I grab Jason and our stuff and walk out of the class.

I walk us out of school in anger and get into my car. With Jason in my lap. I bury my head into his neck to help me calm down. When I raise my head has this look that looks like he is about to die.

"What wrong baby?" I say innocently like I didn't just drag him out here and smell him. "Oh yeah. You can't talk. Here." I open my notes app in my phone and give it to him. He looks at it confused. "You type down what you have to say on it." A look of realization sweeped upon him.

(Things in italics is what he is typping)

I am not supposed to be out of class or with people. I'll get in trouble.

"How would you get into trouble?"

I can't say

"You can tell me. I only want to help you."

I need to go to class. He starts to struggle in my lap. I soon let him go and i grab our stuff and walk to our next class since the other one is almost ended.

"Sorry for dragging you out there." I say with my head down, ashamed that I brought this fear on my mate. I look up to see he is giving me a forgiving smile. When the bell rings we head in after everyone left. We sat down and didn't talk at all.

It was now the end of the second day of school. We didn't talk or look at each other. Just sat and walked. I really wish that he would open up to me. Even though I only have kown him for less than a day.