Chapter 9: Tamayo & Yushiro

"Correct, I am a demon...but I am also a doctor."

"And I wish to annihilate Muzan Kibutsuji."

—————

"Now listen here! It's not the money that I care about! It's the fact that you smashed a perfectly good bowl of my udon!" The chef yelled at us as we returned to retrieve Nezuko. "And you! If you're gonna eat something take off that bamboo muzzle! What even is that thing for?" He pointed at Tanjiro's sister.
"I'm so sorry, will you please serve me another bowl?" Tanjiro apologized. "You mean you're gonna eat it this time?!" He faltered. "Yes! In fact I'll have two bowls of udon!" Tanjiro implied.

My bowl from before was still warm as I watched Tanjiro slurp down the two bowls in a matter of minutes. I chuckled a little as I finished mine as well. "Thanks for the meal!" I clapped. "Yes, it was delicious!" Tanjiro chimed as we walked away from the udon stand.

———

"Hey, Y/N?" My friend asked. "Yeah? What is it?" I hummed as I held Nezuko's hand as we walked. "About what you said to Kibutsuji, you said that you'll make him pay for what he did to the ones you loved. We're you referring to Nezuko and I?" He wondered.

I could feel my face heating up by the second, "Uh, w-well I don't really know. In that moment I just felt so much anger, all I could think of was Touma...and your family."
"But i-it's not that I don't like you Tanjiro, I really do, just not in the way that you-" I was cut off when Nezuko let go of my hand and was growling at something in front of us. "Nezuko? What do you see?" Tanjiro hesitated.

We looked ahead and saw the mint-haired demon from before. "What are you doing here?" I asked, a hint of fear in my voice. "I was told to bring you three to her." He spoke in a cross tone. He then pointed at Nezuko, "Are you aware that girl is a demon? And not much to look at either." He shot me a glare as well. I looked at him with utter confusion and irritation. My friend was angry already, but when Tanjiro saw his eyes fixate on me, that set him off.

"You've gotta be out of your mind! Who would look at Nezuko and think she's ugly?! She was the prettiest girl in our village! And how dare you look at Y/N that way! Y/N is just as beautiful as Nezuko!"

"Let's go. I don't want to keep my lady waiting." The demon ordered. We followed behind him, but Tanjiro was still annoyed. "We're not done yet! Just take a look at both of them in better lighting! Then you'll see!" My face was as red as Tanjiro's eyes, but I let out a laugh. "So, I'm beautiful? I never knew you though of me that way." Our eyes met as I saw his cheeks turn red.
"I was just...defending you. It's not that you aren't beautiful, I couldn't stand that way he glared at you." He justified. I smiled as we continued to follow behind the demon.

—————

After walking for what seemed like forever, we came to a brick wall

After walking for what seemed like forever, we came to a brick wall. The demon turned to us "Quickly, before anyone sees us." And he disappeared through the wall. The three of us slowly walked through, highly confused.
On the other side was a fairly large house in which the demon walked into.

Inside was the injured lady from before, and the female demon treating her. "I have returned, Lady Tamayo. And I brought the three you requested." the male demon chimed. "Thank you, Yushiro." She responded. "We're so sorry that we left you to take care of everything," I apologized with a bow."How is the woman doing?"
"She'll be alright, but her husband must be locked up in the basement." She conceded.

"Is it unbearable for you to treat the wounds of injured humans?" Tanjiro questioned as the Yushiro demon punched him in the stomach. "You think all demons choke back on their drool once they catch the scent of blood!?" He accused. "Yushiro! Please don't resort to violence!" Tamayo scolded. "My apologies, I don't believe that I have introduced myself. My name is Tamayo and this is Yushiro, I hope the three of you can become friends. If you'll come with me, I will explain everything."

We came to a separate room as everyone sat down. Nezuko was laying on the floor, swaying her legs back and forth. "Nezuko! That's bad manners!" Tanjiro said concernly. "It's quite alright, please make yourselves at home!" Tamayo reassured with a slight chuckle. "Now as I was going to say, I have adapted mine as well as Yushiro's body to limit the amount of human blood consumption. I have also eliminated the effects of Kibitsuji's curse as well."

"Yushiro can get by with less blood than I. In fact, I was the one that turned him into a demon. It took me 200 years just to transform him." Quickly Tanjiro stood up."200 years?! Just how old are you Miss Tamayo?" Yushiro sent another punch to his stomach. "How dare you ask a woman her age!" Tanjiro sat down again as Tamayo continued.

"I want to reassure you that I am not trying to create more demons. I only perform this procedure when the patient is in serious condition, and if they approve of my offer to do so." I gripped my friends hand as I gestured to Tamayo, he nodded back. "Miss Tamayo, is there any way that a demon can be turned back into a human?" He requested. Tamayo shifted her gaze to Nezuko as she responded, "There will always be some form of treatment for any illness or injury, however I have not yet discovered a procedure in which that would be possible."

"On that note, there will always be a chance if I can to do two things. One is if you will allow me to examine your sisters blood. And two, is to collect blood from demons in close relation to Kibutsuji." A smile crept into my face as I glanced at Nezuko. "What I mean by demons close to Kibutsuji," Tamayo hesitated, "is demons with powers as strong as Kibutsuji's himself. I'm aware that this could be a dangerous, in fact deadly suggestion. Are you willing to make that sacrifice?"

I looked back at my friend as his gaze shifted from me to his sister. "Tanjiro, this is a big decision. This cure could save so many, but it could cost us our lives." I acknowledged as I held his calloused hand in mine."Whatever choice you make, I'll stay with you either way." Tanjiro smiled as a light blush dusted his cheeks. He looked to Tamayo as he nodded, she nodded back in agreement.

I pulled Tanjiro into a quick hug, as we locked eyes. Starting now, we're going to make a difference. We're going to make a world in which people won't have to cower in fear from demons anymore.
Everything seemed like it stopped, and the room fell silent. I glanced at Yushiro as I saw his body tense up. "Everyone get down!" He shouted.

All of a sudden, crashes were heard from the side of the house. What seemed like a jingling noise came billowing through the broken wall, as the room became filled with dust.

 What seemed like a jingling noise came billowing through the broken wall, as the room became filled with dust

Hello! I finally got to finishing this chapter, procrastination has really hit me hard. Also, I passed my written drivers test! Now I can drive legally with my parents! Next chapter will be up soon, prolly will be a long one unless I make it 2 parts! Yui art is about halfway done, can't wait for y'all to see it! Bye for now! :)

-Emily*
Word Count: 1317 words