Chapter 17: Epilogue

Its been 5 years since that day, Marinette thought. 

She still visited Paris and her friends and family, she bought a penthouse not too far from the bakery, balcony and lots of hanging plants, one of the long term side effects of the ladybug miraculous was that she became more attached to nature. Her designs were famous worldwide, had multiple international boutiques with hand-picked helpers, although she was still anonymous. Paris, her beloved city which she loved so dearly, had returned to normal, and she and Cat Noir had tributes in the Mayor's office, a beautiful watercolour paining of them in gold frames with an engraving,

Ladybug and Cat Noir, The Heroes of Paris, Thank You for all you have done for us. 

How life had changed

How life had changed. Maybe it isn't out to get me at all, maybe its been looked out for me the entire time, she told herself. While looking out of the window of the plane window, she subconsciously played with the ring around her finger, It had become a habit these days. She smiled to herself as she relieved the memories.

Flashback

She had just gotten back from a boutique opening in Stockholm, and was settling in to sleep when she saw something under her bedside lamp, a delicate but beautiful diamond ring with a gold band and a small note in a handwriting she knew very well,

Will you?

A small gasp escaped her lips but them she spotted some writing on the back,

I'm only asking as it's a formality

She smirked. Of course, she thought. She quietly walked to Damien's room, but her thoughts were anything but quiet.

"Any idea how this ended up in my room?" she said teasingly, holding up the ring Damien smirked, "Because I put it there," he replied, a hint of pride in his voice. She softly smiled and kissed him... and ended up making out in the corner of the room.

When they broke apart, "of course I will you dumbass," she finally said.

"You wound me," he said with fake hurt.

"night angel" he said in a softer tone as she walked out, a sound only Marinette had ever really heard. The diamond on her finger reflecting the light and shining brightly. But now only one question lingered on both their minds...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

How to tell the rest of them?

In short this is what happened:

1. Tim and Dick had a holy row about a coffee flavoured wedding cake.

2. Alfred was Alfred.

3. Jason was fangirling and was surprisingly not surprised, 'Honestly I saw it coming. I wrote their entire fucking wedding speech 4 years ago.'

4. Jon was... whatever shocked times 50 plus exuberant times a 100 is.

5. Bruce was just, maybe he was paralysed of shock? Or overwhelmed? Who knows...

End Flashback

But, all in all, life was good. She had braved the dark tunnel and in return found light in her life. The kind that could never be dimmed. She fell, but she got up again. She lost herself, but the light guided her back onto the right path. She survived the storm and lived to relish the sunlight. She was truly, a Diamond in the Rough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

588 words! 

Aaaaaaaaand, That's a wrap people! The book has closed. I can't put in words how much I loved writing this story and how grateful I am do many people actually read it. The amount of reads and voted are insane! I love you all so much! Sorry for all the people expecting something more romantic but with their characters I really didn't think it would suit them. Plus I am not capable of writing such sap. 

And so this story comes to a close

How grateful I am to those

Who stuck by me till the very end

Who cried and laughed

Who read my story cover to cover

I consider you my friend

It has been a pleasure to write for you

And I hope liked it too

This wouldn't have been possible without you

So good luck to our princess as her journey continues

So see you next time!

And I bid you adieu.