Chapter 5

Yoongi stared at her, unable to control the emotions in his eyes. The sisters already excused their selves to give them some privacy, secretly pleased with the fire god's timing. It was just the two of them, adding tension to the already heavy atmosphere.

It wasn't the first time for Ione to bow her head and stare at the floor as though it was the most interesting thing in the world. She knew what was going to happen. She'll be yelled at, maybe punished, or worse, banished. It was foolish of her to say what was on her mind. She should have lied and said yes, instead. 

That way, the gods would have been pleased.

"I thought... I thought you wanted to stay." He cursed in his head when his voice quivered. He didn't expect to be this affected by her answer. Ione looked up in surprise. That's when she realized one thing. He wasn't mad.

He was hurt.

"You didn't run away. You didn't throw a tantrum. In fact, you didn't act like you didn't want to be here." As he said that, he slowly made his way to her with her backing away from him until her back hit the wall. Her eyes never left his and from them she understood.

He wanted to know why.

"T-That's because my feelings don't matter. It's the order I've been given and I m-must accept it," came out her stuttering reply.

The god furrowed his brows. "Order? What, is being our bride an order given to you by the Ancients? Is that how you see it? You take everything as orders just because you've lived your whole life as a slave-" Ione flinched. Yoongi cut himself off. He knew he said too much. He was about to apologize, but Ione's melancholic stare stopped him.

"That's right. I've been a slave my entire life. I grew up learning that I must obey everything, regardless of how I feel. I could never disobey because I knew it meant I'd be punished. Running away wouldn't be a wise decision either. I've learned that the hard way." She could feel tears pooling up as the awful memories resurfaced, but she's not done yet.

"Still, I didn't want to stay here because first of all, I'm only a servant. That's not fitting for the queen of Myarian gods. Besides, the feelings we have for each other aren't real. It's only there because we're fated. Nobody would love me for me.

"And even if I did try to run away, I can't. I may be a servant, but I'm not stupid enough to anger you by rebelling or running away. I mean, you're gods. What power do I have against you? I can only think of pleasing you to survive-" She gasped as she felt the god's hand on her cheek, his hand gently wiping her tears away.

"Why would you think that, Ione? Being a servant does not make you less worthy of being loved. It doesn't make you less worthy of being our queen. The Ancients chose you for a reason, Ione. They saw something in you and you shouldn't stop yourself from achieving greater things."

When Ione said nothing, Yoongi offered a gentle smile to his bride. "Give me your hand." Ione did as she was told. The god placed his hand on top of hers and lifted it again, revealing a stunning flower made of steel. The stem was gold and petals shined in different shades of purple, indigo, blue-green, and pink, like the paintings of the galaxy that Ione saw at her former master's bedroom.

"A beautiful Ione flower for my dear Ione," he whispered. Ione's felt her cheeks becoming warm and hurriedly looked down at her feet to hide her flushed face. He chuckled at the reaction he got from her before clearing his throat.

"Look, I'm sorry for shouting at you. My anger got the best of me. I should have understood you better because you were sent here against your will... I-I would," Ione heard him exhale a shaky sigh. "I would send you back if you really don't want to stay here with us. I guess being the bride of seven gods can overwhelm anyone, right?" He smiled, but she could already see in his eyes that he was trying to mask his pain.

All of a sudden, Ione remembered her conversation with Joongi. She felt bad that the fire god was willing to let her go despite just meeting her after waiting for so long. They really did not force their feelings on her. And then, her thoughts wandered to what would happen if she returned to Myar.

What would happen to her? Would she be ridiculed for being returned by the gods? Would people fear her? Would they think she's a witch? Who could she turn to if that happened? She no longer had any family nor any friends. Will her master accept her back into their household? She inwardly winced. 

Nope. 

Knowing Lady Amur, she would most probably torture her for taking her place as the bride. The more she thought about it, the more she realized. She was better off being a goddess than returning back to being a servant who could end up dead for returning.

"If," She paused. Yoongi perked up. "If I stay, will you still accept me even after finding out that I'm a servant? Even if I know nothing of how to be the perfect goddess for you?" Yoongi had to subtly bite his lip to stop himself from grinning. "Of cou-"

"Of course, we will, silly!"

The door burst open to reveal the other gods who apparently have been listening in on their conversation, effectively ruining the moment Yoongi had with Ione. He let out a defeated sigh as Seokjin winked in his direction. "Didn't mean to eavesdrop. It's just that the palace just became too hot that we had to come looking for you, dear brother."

"You-" Ione could only gape at the gods grinning or smiling at her. They heard her emotional outburst?! She felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

The gods internally coo at the lovely Ione. "You heard everything?" She nervously peeked at them. "Not really, but we've heard enough," Jimin replied with a soft smile. The girl chewed her lips nervously. "And you're not mad? Or disappointed?"

Hoseok stepped forward and grabbed both of her hands, gently rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. "Of course not. It's understandable for you to feel pressured and overwhelmed with everything. We're sorry if we acted a bit too overbearing. We were too occupied with our own excitement that we kind of forgot that you were still adjusting."

"And to make up for that, we're going to guide you and help you every step of the way. That is, if you want us to." Jungkook offered blushingly. Somehow, Ione felt like the weight on her shoulders was lifted and she can finally breathe. 

That's right. 

She's no longer alone anymore. Now, she had people she can count on. When she realized that they were still looking at her expectantly, waiting for her answer, she grinned and meekly nodded her head, earning cheers from the seven gods.

However, the three zanens who were listening in through their magic mirror weren't happy at all.

Author's Note:

Ione: 1, The Zanens: 0 ;) Well, I hope you like this chapter. Although it's basically just one scene. Teehee. Please give this story some support. Thank you~!