Chapter 8

"Careful. Watch your step." 

The light god took Ione's hand, guiding her through the dark stairway with his other hand emitting a small ray of light. The girl just stared at what little she could make of their joint hands in the dark. She doesn't know how, but physical contact with the gods seemed so natural and safe that it almost scared her. 

Usually, she would feel so uncomfortable when a man tried to make advances toward her during her time as a servant girl. She could never get used to those touches that lingered far too long for her liking or those stares that didn't even bother to hide their disgusting intentions. There wasn't a time she felt like that with the gods. Truthfully, she welcomed those touches. She felt safe even just by standing beside them.

She was so immersed in her thoughts, she didn't notice Hoseok stopped walking and bumped into his shoulder, causing her to lose her balance and fall forward. She tried to catch herself by outstretching her other hand toward the ground. 

But of course, Hoseok wouldn't let his bride fall. Well, not if not for him

He pulled on their joint hands in a quick motion, redirecting Ione's fall toward him, causing her outstretched hand to latch onto his bicep to keep herself from falling, not that the god hadn't thought of that already, with his hand wrapped around her shoulders. It was like a scene from one of those romantic plays Jin forced them to watch with him, a scene in which two lovers would dip for a kiss after dancing all night. Hoseok made a mental note to thank his eldest brother later. 

Ione, on the other hand, was thankful for the fact that Hoseok's hand no longer emitted light. Judging by how she could feel his breath, the god was most definitely just a few hairs away from her face. She knows that the light would give away how red she must be right now. 

"Are you alright?" 

The girl almost jumped in surprise at how near his voice was... and how husky he sounded. Looking around in frantic embarrassment, her answer never came as she noticed the beautiful ceiling field with stars and floating constellations. 

It was an amazing site. The stars moved towards them, helping Ione's eyes adjust to the darkness. The god had already let go of her and led her further into his planetarium, a proud smile gracing his lips as he saw the awe on Ione's face. 

As they walked further in, she saw what looked like a golden tower with a glowing sphere nestled on top and slightly smaller colorful orbs of light circling around it. Clouds scattered around the room's floor, walls, and ceiling, making the entire place look so dreamy and ethereal.

"Welcome to my planetarium, Ione." He beamed at her as they sat down on a couch made of clouds that solidified with a snap of his fingers. "This place is absolutely beautiful." She smiled in return. His smile grew. "Thank you. I'm glad you like it here. This is where I usually spend most of my time when I'm not with my brothers." 

He gestured to the tower. "Would you like to have closer look?" There's no way she's going to say no to that one. Hoseok chuckled as she answered with an excited nod. She moved to stand up from her seat, but the man gently stopped her with a shake of his head. Ione went to sit back down, confused. 

With a heart-shaped grin and a flick of his hand, the couch floated towards the golden tower in the center of the room. Startled by the sudden movement, she grabbed Hoseok's sleeve to steady herself, much to the amusement of the god. 

He guided her hand into his. He looked back up at her face that's slowly reddening and smirked. "This is the one you should be holding onto, my dear bride." She chewed the insides of her cheeks, willing herself to calm down.