■43 - I Am Right Here■

Monday ~ 6:38 pm

Sweet Bob :) is calling…

Evan:

"Laurel, hey! What's wrong, Pixie?"

Laurel:

"…"

Evan:

"You know, you're worrying me… please talk to me…"

Laurel:

"I just… I don't feel so good."

Evan:

"Your voice is cracking. A-are you crying?"

Laurel:

"Yes…"

Evan:

"Then talk to me, Laurel. I-I am sorry if it's anything that I have done. I didn't mean-"

Laurel:

"No. I told you that I am not mad at you, right? I just… I don't feel like talking today, okay?"

Evan:

"You definitely sound angry though."

Laurel:

"Because I am angry, all right? Not just at you so leave it be, Evan!"

Evan:

"…"

Laurel:

"…"

Evan:

"Okay but I am right here if you wanna… talk about it."

Laurel:

"… I-I bumped into Chloe today. Ethan's best friend. You know the one I-"

Evan:

"I know. I mean - I mean, I remember."

Laurel:

"Yeah. And I am angry at myself because she did the same thing she did to me three years ago. She still made me feel like dirt beneath her shoe. No scratch that, beneath her obscenely expensive stiletto. Her damn smirk crushed out all the confidence in me and I just - I couldn't-"

Evan:

"Hey, hey. It's okay, Lau. It's okay. Cry it all out if you want and I am listening, okay? I am right here. Take it easy…"

Laurel:

"Thanks, Evan."

Evan:

"Don't worry about it."

Laurel:

"She - she looked at me with a snarl from top to bottom as if analyzing me closely. She said so many mean things to me and the worst of it all is that I couldn't even utter a single word! I let her! I was scared and I was rooted on the spot! I was so ashamed of myself that she took me back to my seventeen year old self. I was so angry because I couldn't even come back with an answer. I - urgh, it's just, she's still so petty!"

Evan:

"I can see that. She's petty and she's the worst to make you feel the worst! Look, Laurel, sometimes you don't have to be headstrong. You don't have to push yourself hard enough to hurt yourself. Sometimes you just gotta be the bigger person and let it go. She behaved like that with you because she knows that you're above her level and since she can't reach it, she wants to lower yours. That's how a jealous person works. They either want to be your equal or greater than you."

Laurel:

"You're right but my worth in my eyes has stooped so low that I can't face anyone. Not even myself. I just… I have a dream to tell her off for once and for all! Only then will I feel happy. Will I truly be at peace because everyday, my mind churns up thoughts like, "You could've told her this", "You could've told her that" and urgh, I am so fed up, man!"

Evan:

"I… understand."

Laurel:

"Do you?"

Evan:

"Yeah. Something happened and I've been meaning to tell this person that I am sorry and I didn't mean to, but my cowardice holds me back."

Laurel:

"That's exactly how I feel, oh my gosh! And what did you do that you have to apologize to this person?"

Evan:

"Laurel?"

Laurel:

"Uh… yeah?"

Evan:

"My name's not Evan…"

Laurel:

"What?! You - you lied to me? What's your… name?"

Evan:

"… It's Ethan."

My Pixie <3 ended the call.