Chapter 4

Lucy was already in the military courtroom. She saw Carla was there sitting with a worry on her face make her feel bad and she will do anything to save Eren. She know that her plan will successful if no one dare to ruin it. Well, she had asked Erwin to trust on her as she not tell her plan. Erwin had believe on her knowing that she can handle it. Lucy was sigh as she know no one figured out of her identity except Marco and Zachary. Lucy had meet Zachary a few times as he suspicious on her which she decided to trust on him. Zachary seem trust on her and understand of her pain. She might not tell him of her past but he can saw a pain on her eyes. Lucy saw the guards bring Eren to the pole and cuffed him behind the pole. Lucy was glare at the guard who harsh at him. Carla was worry of Eren and hope that her son can be save. Carla saw Lucy who sit next to Levi and hope she can save her son from the people who want her son died because of his titan power. Lucy seem amaze at Carla after she find out about Eren's titan. She thought that Carla will afraid of him but she had prove her wrong. No matter what Eren is, she still love her because Eren is her son and she was Eren's mother.

Lucy know a bond of mother to son were stronger as her relationship with her mother. Lucy had lost her mother since she was 6 years old because of Deliora who destroyed her hometown and crushed her house. She was really upset that she lost her mother in her young age but she have to stay strong for her mother. Lucy then decided to heard about what they talking. She will interrupt if she want. When that time come, she will intervene it and save Eren. Zachary informs Eren that he will be the one leading the trial which will decide his fate. He then states that concealing Eren's existence has proven to be impossible and therefore, they have to make a public statement in order to avoid inside conflicts. Nile Dawk of the Military Police then presents their proposal, which is Eren's immediate execution. Lucy was glare at Nile as she don't like him because of his attitude. As Nile tells Eren to reveal any information he may have, a person next to him, Pastor Nick, exclaims that there is no need for that as Eren should be executed right now. Eren acknowledges that while "wall cultists" would have been ignored years ago, they have gained attention in recent years. It make Lucy pissed off but she will let Levi to handle it knowing that he going to say.

Afterward, Erwin states that they want Eren as an official member of the Scout Regiment in order to use his power to reclaim Wall Maria. Erwin explains that due to the entrance to Trost being completely sealed, his plan is to use an eastern route to reach Shiganshina District. At that moment, one of the merchants asks to seal all the gates, as the Colossal Titan will not be able to break through fortified places. However, Levi asks for proof that Titans will wait while they seal the gates and says that the merchants speak only in regards to money, which they deny. Lucy was disgusted of that as she know it was right. Nick speaks up one more time, angered to see that they want to touch "the gift from God." Armin says that it is due to people like him that it took so long to mount weaponry on the Walls, with Rico Brzenska stating that these people have a lot of power and support. Lucy was scowled at Nile as she tired to heard of the argument. 'Those idiot will never shut up.' Thought Lucy as she rubbed her head.

As the argument between Nick and the merchant continues, Zachary quiets them down and asks Eren whether he still wants to continue to serve as a soldier of mankind, with Eren confirming that. However, Zachary notes that according to the report of Trost defense, after turning into a Titan, Eren attempted to attack Mikasa but get saved by Lucy. Armin notices that Eren does not seem to remember losing control and Mikasa looks at Rico with an angered expression, however, the latter just says that she will not lie in her reports. Lucy was sigh knowing this will be happen. Mikasa is then asked to confirm this, which she does after short hesitation, shocking Eren. Carla was close her mouth with her hand. She then however, states that Eren has saved her two times in his Titan form. Nile then argues against these facts, claiming they are out of sentiment and reveals that at an early age, Mikasa and Eren killed three robbers. Causing a commotion in the courtroom with this statement, Nile then questions whether it is fine to entrust the fate of mankind to such people. Lucy was gritted his teeth in anger as they not telling a truth behind it.