Chapter Twenty-Eight

Aravena

Aravena

The morning I had awaited never came, at least, not in the way I had wanted.

It was a flooding downpour throughout the day which carried on till the next moonless night.

Valendard and his aunt's wishes finally had came true.

We were stuck in this tiny, little home instead of being out of Resalas as I had planned.

I sighed, sitting on a worn-out brown sofa, looking through the glass of a small cross-grid closed window of Tulip's room.

Drizzling rain yet again adorned the lovely gray afternoon sky after a rather gloomy morning.

The constant lull of pitter-patter on the metal roof was almost making me drowsy with sleep. Almost.

I rubbed my bare arm as chill traveled through my body, leaving trails of goosebumps on their way.

A cup of warm tea or a book would have been nice for the dreary weather now. However, I could not demand from the residents of this house.

There was this Valendard, ever so devoted to the duty of ignoring me since that night. Next came Tulip who was busy in the kitchen, and I certainly would not stoop so low as to ask service from the back-talking lady of the house.

No.

So, I sighed. Again.

On top of that, this house was quite noisy for my liking.

There was this sweet hum of some song along with a rhythmic tinkering sound that was coming from the kitchen.

Lady Berta was muttering a loud string of curses, doing something inside the house. Must have been another gruesome chore since I could hear this sloppy sound of clothes being thrashed on the floor.

And, of course, nothing could compete with the lovely melody of the hammer hitting the wooden panel from outside. It was beating along with the rhythm of my headache. Loud and fast.

I pressed my lips tight.

Only a fool would have decided to fix woods during a downpour.

A stubborn, idiot, handsome fool!

Wait! where did that come from?

I frowned.

I must have been turning mad with all this noise to think something like that about him.