𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

siren ! fem ! bakugou x fem ! izuku <3

i originally planned this to be, like, 3 parts but then i just went fuck it and wrote it all in this chapter, lmao.

***

izumi remembers when she was 4, she almost drowned in the ocean by her village.

she was playing on top of a cliff with a few kids from her school, they were nice enough to let her play with them despite all the mean things they say to her everyday.

but then, she got too close to the cliff and felt something push her. she couldn't see who it was, mainly because her back was turned. but vaguely, she heard the screams of the kids she was playing with.

she couldn't breathe, she couldn't see anything other than the dark ocean. she was hoping that someone, anyone, was coming for her. she thought she was going to die there.

until she sees a dark, shadowy figure appear out of nowhere, carrying her up to the surface. she thinks she had passed out because she doesn't remember being on land. or coughing up water. or her mother almost smushing her to death with a hug.

the next day, she went back to the ocean to see if she could find the person who saved her. except she didn't. so she waited. and waited. and waited, until finally she hears a voice, "what are you doing?"

she jumps, looking around to see where the voice was coming from. "uhm, i was trying to find the person who saved me yesterday.." she mumbles, looking down at her feet.

"why?" the voice asks.

"because i wanna thank them!" izumi beams, "and i wanna spend some time with them.. just to see if they're nice enough to be friends with me."

"you don't have any friends?" the voice sounded like it got closer.

izumi shakes her head, "no.. everyone thinks i'm weird or a crybaby.."

"you don't seem weird to me."

izumi smiles a bit, then frowns. "where are you?" she looks around, her frilly light green dress that her mother had sewn for her twirled around as she moved her body.

"i'm in the ocean." the voice says, "i can come out of you want me to."

izumi nods, "yes please!"

it went silent, then a head popped out of the water, blond hair and crimson red eyes staring at izumi.

izumi looks at the girl, and for a moment, she thought izumi was going to run away like all the other human kids she came across and/or saved. but she didn't, instead her eyes were sparkling with interest. "you have gills!"

"uh, yeah. of course i do. i live in the ocean, duh."

"they're pretty!" izumi compliments, and the sea girl blushes, obviously not expecting that reaction. "really pretty! i want a pair of them!"

the girl pouts slightly, "you think they're fake?"

"are they?" izumi cocks her head.

she shakes her head, and pulls on them to show izumi that they were, indeed, not fake. "see. i told you i live in the ocean."

"how? we can't breathe for more than 2 minutes..!"

"says the girl who almost drowned a minute in." the girl snorts, seeing that izumi became flustered.

"i'm an exception! i never learned how to swim before.."

"i can show you." the girl offers.

"really?"