🏮 25. Ceremonial Scissors

Amber continued to try and wriggle herself free a few more times, but it was pointless. She slumped back and sighed while looking at the stupid man sprawled on the bed. He just had to get all nasty with her. Truthfully speaking, this was her first time killing someone in this life or the last. Sure she'd practiced on corpses quite a bit during college and the sight of blood was nothing new to her, but this was obviously different. She'd killed a man. She wasn't sure how she should feel about this new development. Her job was to save people. At least that was what her job was supposed to be, before she had ended up in this bizarre reality.

There was a certain way she was supposed to feel. A way that was considered normal, rational, proper, typical, and sane. Perhaps that was the big issue? Perhaps she wasn't sane? She kept mulling over in her head how she should react in this situation, but all she could feel was bliss. Pure, sick, and twisted ecstasy.

She could feel the heat of his body start to leave him and the anger that had been boiling within her started to leave with his heat. A little giggle escaped her delicate lips and then more followed as she remembered the crude and awful things that man did and said to her. The sound of her laughter danced around the room like a beautiful sweet melody.

After her laughter died down, a stunningly beautiful smile spread across her lips and her eyes glowed with happiness. It was as if someone she dearly loved had just confessed their undying love to her. This feeling of bliss, of feeling alive for the first time in her two lifetimes, this feeling of finding the missing thing that she had been looking for, was unexpectedly brought on by murder.

This probably wasn't exactly a good thing. What did this say about herself? Although this wasn't exactly the best time to overanalyze her situation. She'd have to revisit this thought process at a later date.

Amber looked around the room for anything metal, remembering how she had that feeling of connection to the metal in that despicable man's ring. That feeling came on so suddenly and instinctively. It was almost as if it was calling to her and was an unavoidable conclusion. She still didn't know how she managed to get into this precarious situation in the first place. One moment she was headed to the room and the next she was tied up to the bed and in pain from being assaulted.

While searching, Amber felt a strange pulling sensation, like a thin thread had attached to her finger and was being slightly pulled from the other side. Amber reached out to that strange invisible thread and tugged. At first there was some resistance and then she saw a glimmering light across the room. As she watched, a silver colored metal vase sitting on a side table across the room jiggled. The bright red flowers in the vase slightly turned to one side and the water in the vase sloshed. Amber's eyes widened as she turned her finger and realized that the feeling of the thread was indeed attached to the metal vase.

Amber turned her finger this way and that, but she still couldn't see any thread. Still the feeling was there regardless of not being able to see any thread. She pulled on the invisible thread again. It was strange, but she could feel the sensation of pulling on the thread even though she wasn't moving her finger or anything else. The thread felt taunt and the feeling of pulling on it came from the sensation that the thread was a part of herself and she was drawing it back within herself where it belonged. It was like an invisible fishing line that she had sent out in search of her prey and it had caught the object of her desires.

She sucked the invisible string in more forcefully and right before her eyes, a thin stream of liquid metal started to pull away from the rest of the vase and floated towards her. She pulled more forcefully and the thickness of the stream became wider. The vase started to unravel at a more pronounced pace as if it were woven out of thread instead of a solid metal object.

Amber's eyes widened in shock. So this was the world of magic. Before she'd sort of understood this. The incident with the ice was indeed shocking. The feeling of wanting a needle at that moment and wanting to cause his death had also been shocking. However, this was the first time she felt like she had grasped some control over this strange new power. It was an entirely different feeling from accidentally causing something to happen.

Amber concentrated on the metal and decided to see what she could do with it. She experimentally swirled it around the air in the room. Apparently her control of metal appeared to defy the laws of gravity. This was indeed a strange new world. She concentrated on how she missed having her set of acupuncture needles from her previous life. The stream of metal stopped moving in midair and stubbornly stayed still for a moment, as if it was resisting her commands. She pictured a long acupuncture needle in her mind like she'd done so before. The metal shook and jiggled in the air, like jello that had been poked a few times.

After a few moments of jiggling, a part of the stream of metal slithered away from the rest of the steam and formed a metal needle that strongly resembles one of the acupuncture needles from her previous life. Albeit the needle was three times as large as it should be and seriously crooked! A patient seeing this needle would probably faint on the spot!

A trickle of sweat dripped down from Amber's forehead and slid down her cheek from her intense concentration. Apparently magic was much easier for her to accomplish on instinct when she was angry

than purposefully, but there was no helping the situation for now. She just needed to do her best until she could get out of this mess. Then quietly learn how to control her powers in secret until the magic games. At that time she could openly crush her opponents.

Amber kept hold of her feeling of the string in her mind and pictured a pair of scissors. Again the metal resisted her commands, but this time it was much faster before it submitted to her will. It was almost like it was rebelling, but that made no sense to her, because it was an inanimate object. The metal soon turned into ceremonial scissors. They were the giant kind that were used to cut the thick ribbon during grand openings. Not exactly what Amber had in mind. Amber experimentally moved the giant scissors around the room. She opened them and closed them.

"Screak!" Amber's eyes widened in shock at the loud and frightening noise that came from the scissors. Her nerves shook thinking about using such a new power and such a dangerous method to free herself. Clearly these were quite dangerous and she wasn't used to this new power of hers yet. One little mess up and she could seriously injure herself. She could possibly heal herself afterwards, but it's unpleasant at best and sometimes impossible to work on herself.

Amber took a couple deep breaths to calm her nerves and tried to banish thoughts of accidentally cutting off her hands or feet. She was debating on which she should try to release first, when the door of the bedroom opened, and her eyes met those of the orange haired elf from the woods. A beautiful and eerie smile spread across his lips as their eyes met and he shut the door behind him.