🏮40. Wrath

Amber felt an inexplicable joy fill her as her eyes met with her fiancé. It was as if he was her reason for living and she loved him deeply. This feeling reminded her of the feelings she'd had for her one boyfriend she'd lost to her best friend. This however, was sweeter, like honey that had been chilled. Thick and sticky, too sweet.

"I love you," burst out from Amber's mouth before she could stop herself from speaking.

She felt her insides recoil that this disgusting excuse for a man had triggered that type of response from her body. She pushed herself off the floor and into a standing position facing the unwelcome guests.

He looked down at her with disgust and contempt. "I didn't come here to hear your words of adoration. I already know how irresistible I am. I came here to return your maid to you and remind you that you had better be on your best behavior at the royal tea party. I refuse to lose face by having your name associated with mine. He pulled out a silver mask from his cloak pocket and tossed it at her head.

She raged inside as she felt the skin on her forehead break open and bleed. At this point, her face was covered in blood, smeared all over her face and dripping out of her forehead. She was a gruesome sight, but neither of them showed her any concern.

The eldest prince lifted the side of his upper lip in disgust. "Don't let me or anyone else at the tea party see your disgusting face."

Although Amber felt a great deal of hatred towards this man and wanted to thrash him, she felt a strange disconnect from her body. Foreboding filled her at the same time a delighted smile spread across her lips and tears sprang from her eyes against her will. "I knew you'd come around. I just knew that if I showed my sincerity, you'd eventually love me too."

She bent over to pick up the metal mask and hug it to herself as if it were her greatest treasure. Amber tried to toss the bloody mask back at the prince, but her arms wouldn't budge. She just continued to stand there like a moron hugging the insulting thing and looking at him adoringly.

Her maid rolled her eyes. "He didn't give you a present, moron! He wants you to cover your ugly face because you're a disgrace to him."

She felt sadness, rage, and annoyance well up within her. All of those feelings swirled up and blended together. Not knowing where these emotions were coming from, her body finally settled on anger. Blinding red anger that nearly made her puke filled her. "Who is my fiancé to you? Why do you even think you are allowed to speak in front of nobles and royalty?" she said with an angrily flushed face.

Her maid chuckled. "Who am I? Who am I?! I'll show you!" The cheap maid plastered herself against the prince and reached around the back of his head to pull him down onto hers. She melded her lips onto his and pushed her tongue in forcefully. They stood there kissing and lewdly rubbing all over each other.

Amber seethed with anger and frustration while standing there like a statue. She felt cold and itchy tickles of tears slip off of her eyelashes and drip down her face. "I'm willing to do anything for you. I'll even share you with other women without making a fuss, just please show some tenderness towards me, and don't allow me to see such sights," she quietly whispered while looking down at their feet pathetically and crying.

Amber felt a fierce slap knock her face to the side and she stumbled backward, falling onto the floor. She looked up just in time to see her maid reach down to her and grab a wad of her hair forcefully. Amber felt a searing pain in her scalp and tried to fight her maid off, but her body wouldn't budge out of its cowering position. Amber felt the pain in her scalp increase until her face was pulled up and her eyes met the maid's.

"I am the prince's future princess, you will do well to remember that. When looking at me or addressing me, you will not view me as a lowly maid. I am royalty and you are the servant. Don't even think about looking at my man greedily, you aren't even good enough to lick the bottom of his shoes," said Jenna.

Jenna yanked Amber's hair down, banging her head against the floor and making her dizzy. Amber's ears rang and she threw up. "Disgusting!" the maid squealed and quickly let go of Amber. She stepped back and kicked her a few times in the back. Then stopped to plug her nose and breath heavily out of her mouth.

The prince gently took the maids swollen red hand and started massaging it. "You've tired yourself out and become hurt. She isn't worth it, you know," he said while looking into the maid's eyes. "How about this, I'll take you to the spa and then we'll get your nails done. Then I'll take you out to eat at your favorite restaurant, 'Delicus'. Then I'll take you to go shopping for a new dress and have you dropped off at the royal tea party. Will that put you in a better mood?"

Jenna puffed out her cheeks in frustration and pouted, "I don't want to go to the tea party unless I'm allowed to sit down with the royals! I'll have to act like a lowly maid! What if I'm carrying your royal heir? What will happen to the dignity of the royal family to have the future princess without even a proper seat?"

His hands paused, petting her hair midway and his eyes squinted threateningly. "You don't need to concern yourself with the details, I'll take care of everything in my own way."

The maid's eyes widened before she lowered her face and leaned her head into his hand. "Jenna will trust your royal highness and won't ask questions that aren't Jenna's place. Jenna was wrong," the maid said while attempting to act cutely for the eldest prince.

"Well as long as you've learned your lesson, I'll forgive your indiscretion this time," he said while looking at the maid and patting her head once more.

Then his eyes shifted to Amber sprawled out onto the floor bleeding. "This eldest prince will take out my mistress for some fun. You will attempt to make yourself presentable during that time so my honor isn't destroyed by your worthless image. Jenna will meet you at the tea party, at no time are you allowed to treat her with any discourtesy. She suspects that she may be with child. If at any time harm comes to her, I will hold you personally responsible and your life will be forfeit. My royal bloodline is too precious to be risked, remember that." First Prince Macallan shook out his sleeves and grabbed a hold of Jenna's arm while pulling her out of the room after him. She looked back at Amber laying on the floor with a smug smile on her face and wiggled her fingers at Amber as she was leaving.

Amber laid still, completely unable to move her body and hurting all over for what seemed to be hours. Then a heat and tingling came back to her as she felt movement in her body once more. She sat up with a pounding migraine. Black dots danced along her vision and she took deep calming breaths. Everything hurts. She pushed herself up and limped across the floor, plopping down onto the stool in front of her brushed metal vanity. She was met with a gruesome sight and flinched both in pain and distaste for what she saw. She reached into the drawer and pulled out a bottle of her healing tonic, guzzling it down. She coughed on the bitter taste and threw the empty bottle across the opposite wall in anger. The empty bottle left a small dent in the wall and shattered into pieces.

"What was that? What was that?! I wanted to rip that garbage couple to pieces, but I had no control over my body! Did he curse me? Have I been cursed?! I will make it a point to destroy that man! Where is everybody? Why did no one come to my aid? Are they just useless mouths to feed?!"

Amber stormed out of her room after throwing several other things and sped down the hall. Wrathful words were about to be spoken from her lips, but were choked back down as her eyes met a truly shocking sight upon entering the living room.