36-I'm a Comedy Novel, I Don't Have Any Crematoriums

When Ting Shuang arrived at the hospital, Liang Zhengxuan was on a drip, lying on the bed.

It was a double ward, but the other bed was empty, so there was no one else in the ward at that moment.

“Why are you here?” Liang Zhengxuan raised his head with much difficulty.

Ting Shuang said, “Auntie called me. She said that you weren’t answering your phone, and doesn’t know about how you’re doing now. You should give her a call.”

Liang Zhengxuan said, “My phone ran out of battery and I didn’t bring a charger when I left the house.”

Ting Shuang asked, “Can you move your hands now?”

Liang Zhengxuan said, “Yes, it just hurts a little.”

Ting Shuang was a little impatient, “Forget it, don’t move.”

He took out his own phone, dialed his mother’s number, put it on speaker mode and placed it next to Liang Zhengxuan’s pillow, “I’ll wait outside. Be back in 20 minutes.”

He didn’t want to listen in on Liang Zhengxuan’s call.

As he walked out of the ward, Ting Shuang was a little irritated.

Liang Zhengxuan was pretty much fine. When the car hit him, it had already decelerated to a speed of 30 kilometers per hour, so not a single one of his bones were broken, and only his soft tissues suffered any damage. He just had to lie down and rest. The situation was far less urgent than what his mother had described on the phone.

She made it seem so dire and surprising, that he thought Zhengxuan wasn’t able to take care of himself…

If this had happened to Ting Shuang, he wouldn’t have called home at all. His family members were far away in China. Even if they knew of it, they would be worried for nothing and unable to help.

How should he spend the twenty minutes he had…

Ting Shuang glanced at his watch and decided to walk around downstairs.

Only after walking for a while did he remember; after getting off the train, he’d rushed to the hospital by car, and forgot to tell Bai Changyi that he had arrived. And now his phone was in the ward…

Forget it, Liang Zhengxuan was probably still on the phone. He’d just send a message to Bai Laoban in 20 minutes.

Maybe he could have a video call with Bai Laoban at night too…

On the other side, Bai Changyi glanced at his phone, to see that he had no missed calls or unread messages.

The kid had promised to report his safety when he arrived. At this time, he should have gotten off the train long ago.

Although he knew that there probably hadn’t been an accident, Bai Changyi still called over.

The phone rang thrice before the call connected. Bai Changyi said, “Have you reached?”

The other party hesitated for a while before saying, “Ting Shuang is out… May I ask whom you are?”

It was a young male voice that he had heard before.

It probably belonged to Ting Shuang’s ex-boyfriend.

Bai Changyi said, “Isn’t it displayed on the screen.”

Ting Shuang had saved Bai Changyi’s mobile phone number and changed his contact name.

Bai Changyi still remembered that when he saved the number, Ting Shuang had entered “Dear”.

It wasn’t a bad contact name. Mm.