Chapter 39 Cuddles and Kisses

It felt like I slept on a pile of bricks last night when I finally woke up. Like how Ralpha always slept in 'Wreck-it-Ralph, but somehow even worse. My neck was killing me, I was about 100 degrees and I really had to pee.

I tried to roll over and get up from bed, but there was something heavy holding me down. I tried again to pull away but instead, I just got yanked closer. what the heck?

I managed to turn my head slightly enough to see a sleeping Xavier. His dark brown hair was messy like always, and his full, pink lips were slightly parted as he snored lightly. My heart started to speed up at just the sight of him being sleepy and cute. Too bad that I was going to ruin it to get up.

"Xavier," I whined I poked him in the cheek.

He didn't even stir. Not even an inch.

"Xavier let go," I tried again. pushing on his broad shoulders. He wasn't wearing a shirt and I got momentarily distracted by his toned chest underneath my hands.

"Go back to bed," he groaned somehow pulling me even closer. I'm not even sure how it was possible. I mean, I was already so far against him there wasn't any ait between us for crying out loud!

"I have to pee," I went on. "And unless you want me to pee in this bed right now then I suggest that you let me go."

Xavier let out an annoyed grunt but lifted his arm off of me nonetheless. I wasted no time jumping out of the bed and running to the bathroom like my life depended on it.

I also screamed when I saw my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I forgot to take up makeup last night and now I looked like a raccoon. My lipstick was more on my cheeks than lips, and my mascara was somehow on my neck. My neck! My hair didn't look as bad, but it still wasn't pretty. All the once night and neat curls were knotted at the top of my head like a nest. I don't remember changing out of my dress last night, but I'm guessing that Xavier did it after he marked me and I passed out. I was wearing his white, button-up with the sleeves unbuttons and the first few buttons undone as well.

He marked me! I almost completely forgot. How did I forget? It's all that has been running through my mind for the last week.

I yanked the collar of Xavier's shirt down and off of my neck only to see a silver moon staring back at me. It was no bigger than a penny, but you could see it clear as day. I was a soft silver that had 'X.B.' written in cursive in the very middle. There were also a few small, black half circles and lines in the moon that looked like ridges.

"Holy cow. . ." I whispered to myself. It was beautiful and not at all what I thought it would look like.

I was picturing some bite mark that would never go away. Not this.

"Now everyone knows that you're mine," Xavier whispered snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me back into his bare chest. Even though I had only been gone for less than a minute, I missed him

"Where did you even come from?" I mean, he was just in bed snoring a second ago. And bam! Now he's here

"I could sense your emotions through the bond," he said like it was nothing.

"Can you explain that in human, please? I'm not fluent in werewolf yet," I rolled my eyes at him in the mirror and shoved his arms away to grab the hairbrush off the counter. I've been slowly leaving some of my stuff over here for when I spent the night.

Xavier took a few steps back and allowed me to brush my hair as he spoke. "When a mate marks his other half he's able to feel all of their emotions, and after a few days, we'll be able to hear each other's thoughts. And you should also be able to mind-link with Grayson, Brad, Ivy and Audrey too. It's like a cellphone in your head but a lot cooler."

Once I finally got all the tangles out of my hair I washed my face with the small, travel-size face-ash I left at Xavier's last night. I just hoped that it would be able to get all of this caked-on makeup off. I should have just borrowed some from Cecelia's room. But I honestly don't feel like walking all the way down the all to go grab it.

"Whenever you tell me about werewolf stuff I feel like I'm going crazy," I admitted. "And the fact that this is my reality now is still wild to me."

"Well, you better get used to this, because you're stuck in it now," my mate joked. "Now come back to bed and cuddle me."

"Someone's needy today," I teased his running back to the bed and pulling the covers up to my chin.

"Just wait until we fully mate."

"Ivy and Aubrey already warned me that your wolf will be super overprotective for a few days after we fully mate," I admitted. "They also said the fact that you're an alpha will only make it worse."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Xavier hummed. He got back into bed and didn't even wait a single second before wrapping his arms around me again.

He buried his face into the crook of my neck where my mark was and placed feather-light kisses over it.

"All mine," he kept muttering over and over.

"All yours," I agreed.

After a few moments of silence, I finally spoke up. "Shouldn't we get out of bed at some point? I mean, we have to eat and probably go see our parents."

"No," Xavier said bluntly. "I told everyone not to bother us today. Grayson and my dad are in charge of looking after the pack and overseeing anything that goes on. Today is all about us."

I giggled at the serious look on his face, I mean a second ago he was cuddling into me like a teddy bear. "Ok," I agree with him. I knew that I wouldn't win no matter what I said. "What do you say? Movie and junk food today?"

"Anything for my mate," Xavier agreed right away.

Hi loves!
I hope that everyone is well
And that you enjoyed
This shorter, sweet chapter.

I think that this story
May be coming to an
End very soon,
Mostly because I'm not
Sure what else I could possibly
Add to make it interesting.
But if you have any ideas
Please comment them or DM me (:

Also please check out my book
"When Things Come Back"
It's a strangers to lovers that takes
Place over an epic rod trip.
I don't want to give too much away,
But I think that y'all
Would like it.
Please go check it out
And left me know !

Until next time,

G ❤️