Chapter 50 Out Lying The Liar

Xavier's POV

"Mind link me the second that you have her and know that she's ok," I told Grayson for the tenth time before they left.

"How many more times do I have to tell you that I will before you stop asking?" Grayson rolled his eyes at me. "She's my luna, my best friend, Xavier. Of course I'll make sure that she's ok and let you know right away. We're going to get her back."

"We're going to get her back," Ivy promised. "And then have bodyguards around her 24/7 to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again."

"We need to leave now before the sun starts to set," Hunter cut in. "We need to assume that Mr. Thomas has someone there with her that'll make sure she rejects you when the moon is out."

"But he doesn't trust anyone enough to have someone there with Addie," Audrey said. "I thought that we knew he was working alone."

"I'm almost confident he's working alone," Hunter started. "But we still need to plan for the worst, and in this case, the worst is that someone's there holding her."

"And that's why he's our top warrior," Grayson nodded.

"Or," Bard cut in. "You could say that he's our top Hunter," he snicked.

"Really not the time right now," Audrey rolled her eyes at her mate. "Save the back jokes for after Addison is home and safe."

"Right, sorry," Brad mumbled.

"Anyway," Hunter cleared his throat to get everyone's attention back. "If that's all for jokes, then we really should be moving out now before the sun starts to set like I already mentioned."

"Be safe," Cecelia said quickly, planting a kiss on her mate's cheek before pulling away and coming to stand next to me.

"Don't rip his head off," Ivy reminded me one last time before the five of them walked out of the office and out to go get Addie.

"You ready for this?" I asked Cecelia as we made our way to the conference room.

"Please, I didn't get a top grade in drama class for nothing." I could hear the smirk in her voice as she talked about how good at acting she was.

I took a deep breath before pushing the doors open. Mr. Thomas was sitting on one of the couches, he was holding an ice-pack up to his temple and talking with my parents.

"I just hope that they'll be able to find her before the moon comes out," he said, his voice dripping with fake sadness that made my blood boil.

"Mr. Thomas," I announced. "How are you doing? I'm so sorry that I wasn't in here sooner, but I was talking with wolves that were tracking Addsion's scent and trying to come up with a game plan for how we'll be able to find her. We already have Mrs. Avery calling out to her human friends in Arizona in hopes that that's where she went."

"My boy," Mr. Thomas patted the empty seat next to him. "Please come sit. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, a mate is something that is so important to our kind, and having yours leave. . ." he trailed off like he was trying to find the right words to say. "I just want you to know that I don't blame you for this, Xavier. When people make up their minds, there's nothing else that can be done. Especially with a human, they simply just don't understand us."