Chapter 4: Mummy & Daddy

©nesslafond

Chapter 4: Mummy & Daddy

After I picked Ariel up from school we headed to the supermarket because a grocery shop was overdue. Ariel wasn't too happy about our shopping plans so I bought her an ice-cream to keep her satisfied while I got some stuff.

"Oooh chocolate muffins!" Ariel gasped beside me with ice-cream smeared all around her mouth, I bit my lip from laughing, she's a sweet tooth like her mother. 

She looked up at me and gave me her best pout that she only gives when she's trying to get her way, "Please mummy!"

I smiled rolling my eyes, "You already bargained a deal with chocolate, not muffins too." 

Her eyes twinkled, "I forgot about that." 

I smiled and kissed her nose, "Go on and get them then," I pointed in the direction of the candy while I got some fruit and vegetables. 

As I finished picking the fruit, I turned around to to see her little figure standing in the candy section but not alone.

Panic began to bubble in my chest as a man crouched down next to Ariel, so that he was levelled with her height. 

They looked like they were talking about something serious but as I neared, I picked up on that they were just talking about the difference between normal and crispy Mnm's. 

"Ariel?" I had my eyes narrowed in on the man, doesn't he know the stranger danger rule?

Her eyes shot up to mine and she looked like a deer caught in headlights. She quickly sprinted over to me and held my hand. 

"Sorry mummy, but this man was telling me about Mnm's! It's his favourite chocolate as well!"

My mouth dropped and my heart was pounding in my chest so hard that I thought it was going to rip out as I stared back at the man I thought I had once loved with all my heart. 

Pain burst through my chest. He still looked the same except his gorgeous blue eyes that once held a mischievous glint in them now were dark and empty. 

"Jordan...Jordan Raine," Jason breathed, "all these years I've been searching for you and now here you are..."

I gulped and tightened my grip on Ariels small hand as he took in my features and then his eyes slowly travelled down to the little girl who was eating her ice-cream as if nothing was wrong. I needed to get out of here before this volcano erupts.

"Look it was nice seeing you again Jason, but I've got somewhere to be–" I was cut off as arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled back into a hard chest.

"Baby, there is no chance I am letting you go this time. I've searched too hard and long for you."

Panic rose through me, and I had to swallow the acid rising in my throat. He couldn't be here. This is not Jason Black. This is not the same man who ripped my heart out years ago. 

But deep down I secretly knew it was the same man who broke my heart. Not just by his appearance. But at the way my heart constricted by being under the same roof as him.

I felt my eyes roll back and the next thing I know my body was falling. I heard Ariel shout my name and I just wanted to stop falling and hold my baby. 

But all I could think about was the love that I had buried 5 years ago resurfacing. It just crawled it's way back in and sat it's fat ass down right in my heart.

~

"Jason?" I called out, stepping inside his apartment. I had tried knocking countless times but he wasn't answering. I knew he was home from the black Audi parked out the front.