Chapter 7 - The New World's Night

"Doesn't the back of the game cover say 'grow your mind in sincerity'? Not very sincere of you to be creepin' on me like this." I mocked as she finally processed in her mind that I was right behind her. She wore a giant and loose sweater, with her shoulders poking out of the even bigger neck of the shirt... With her easily visible bra straps the same color as her black boots. Her hair is silver and spiky, and it shoots down to her back. She must've noticed that I was staring at her, so she immediately started blushing... For some reason, instead of her cheeks turning red, they went... Blue?

"Uh, was it somethin' I said...?~" I asked hesitantly, but she suddenly took off running... Then Zero appeared from behind me.

"Could you do me a solid and watch over her for me? She wanted to join the Hackers, and as a father, I'm ruling against it. Think of it as me inheriting my fatherly will to you." He requested. That's a terrible will to give to a teenager.

"... And if I don't?"

"Well, you wouldn't be as badass of a main character if you didn't. On top of that, you don't have much a choice here." He stated... Fuck, he has a point...

"So, does that mean I have to take that nickname off your hands too? I dunno if I can live with being called a number for the time being." I joked, preparing to give chase.

"No... Actually, at least not yet. I still got some things to do before I pass it down to someone." He said with a slick grin under his straw hat. Wait, he thought I was serious?? I don't want that as my name!

"Way to give me something to look forward to..." I responded, taking one strong step, then darting forwards towards the fleeing daughter. As I was speeding passed countless villagers, it occurred to me that I didn't even asked for her name... And, how incredibly fast I'm running. Assassins are a really a thing of beauty...

I ran to her side, easily matching her speed after making a slight turn around a building.

"You're pretty fast, and you don't seem like much of an Assassin... What Class are you?" I asked, and she hopped onto one of the Row Houses and took off in another direction. What she did that made me almost stop to think how awesome it was, was that she launched herself into the air by using a pillar of Ice. I would've lost sight of her if I didn't shoot my Hidden Blade at the same House and propel myself onto it. If only she was actually good at escaping, she's just running away, no alleyways, parkour jumps, or pursuing helicopters... Well, so much for making this fun. I quickly scrolled down my skill list, which changed a bit with my Class:

Passive
- Increased Movement Speed
- Increased Critical Hit
- Small chance of going into Cloaked Mode when attacking.

Active
- Hidden Blade Shot
- Dark Passage = While dashing, create a Nega Portal and teleports you directly behind a Target.
- The Sword of Nergal, Flash Frenzy

"Woah shit, this Sword comes with it's own Active...!?" I realized. Thank. You. Lance. I then opened up my Magic Book after I finished geekin' out over the weapon.

"Okay, let's see what this Portal can do!" I called out. The thing about the Dark Passage skill, I have to be dashing, and I have to be teleported behind my opponent, which could make it a heavy Double-edged Sword since I can't change those two simple facts... And I'm sure I'm not the only badass playing this game, either, so I have to be careful using it.

I sprinted a bit closer to the girl and opened up the portal, hopping through it, and in the blink of and eye I was tackling her to the ground.

"Tag. Your it!!" I greeted, easily jumping off her and helping her up.

"Don't worry. I know Zero's your old man. My dad's a dick, too. So I can relate (≧∇≦)/ ." I explained before she could try to run off again. I seemed to get on her good side since she didn't. I sat on top of the roof's ledge and laid my back on the soft tiles, looking up at the digital sky.

"You know, this place looks a lot better than the real world..." I tried to make small talk with her, but she just simply sat down beside me and stared upwards...

... After a few awkward moments of silence, I decided to share something that's been on my mind since I met her.

"... You're not the talking type, are you?" I questioned. I got no reply, until she later shook her head no. I deeply sighed and crossed my arms.

"That's the thing about you silent types... Can't ever figure out what they're thinking." I lectured. I turned to her, who was tapping the side of her head as a way of taunting me...

" (-__-) Damn Danderes..." I scolded under my breath. My frustration seemed to have made her giggle a bit.

"Well, whatever... Anyways, I never got your name. Could you at least tell me that?" I calmly pleaded. The girl looked back up to the now darkening sky...

"... Yuridan." She muttered in a shy tone. Before I could say anything, my HUD screen popped up with a notification triggered. I opened it up and noticed it was a text from Michi...

Michi: Hey, where'd you go???

I forgot that Zero abruptly kidnapped me from the meeting...

Katsu: Nowhere important. Don't worry, I'm on my way back now.

After closing the HUD, a crashing thud sounded behind me and Yuridan. Someone just fell in the alley beside the building next over. After nodding at the confused Yuridan, I began to walk to the other side of the roof to check it out. A familiar looking man was laying on the ground, badly injured, and just barely breathing. His eyes shot right at me, as he showed a surprised look on his face. I remember those trademark dreadlocks from anywhere...

"K-k-katsu-mon...? You're here, too, mon??" He stuttered before slipping into unconsciousness. No doubt, that's Go, Number Five of the Nine Savage Banme.