chapt. 1 ~ what happened?

I woke up, crying, sobbing even... why am I alive? I looked around the room, still panicked, I was in some weird looking hospital room, noticing some familiar looking items along with a note.

Kokichi, if you've read this you mustve woken up from the simulation, when youre ready please press the button on the side of your hospital bed as a nurse will accompany you and let you know a few things.
Your schedule is on the back.

'Schedule?' I though to myself, flipping over the paper.

Patient name: Kokichi ouma.

Should be awake no later than 10am

Physical Therapy begins at 11:15am, ending no later than 12:15am

Lunch will be brought to your room around 12:30pn

Afterwards you can do what you want for awhile.

Mental help therapy begins 3:30pm, ending at 4:45 at latest.

Afterwards you'll be given dinner and must finish eating by 6:30pm.

Must be in your hospital room by 10:00pm, lights out by 11:00pm.

I sighed, taking in everything I read, one question lingering in my mind. Were the others who had.. supposedly died, alive too..? The moment I moved my head it hurt like hell. "Great.." I mumbled, maybe I almost died but somehow was saved? How would that even be possible.. The note said something about a simulation. Was.. the killing game a simulation? Was it.. ended finally? I had so many questions, and I'm no detective but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't move too much or pressurize myself.

I sighed, trying to feel for the so called button that paper mention, eventually I felt something, pressing it. After awhile a woman with grey braids and rather threatening red eyes that slightly reminded me of Makis, just more sympathetic walked in, glaring at me. "Hello there Ouma, I'm Peko Pekoyama, I'm not an experienced nurse but I'll be temporarioy attending to you." I tried to nod but barely could, she slightly smiled, sitting down on a bench that was by the wall.

"I suppose you're very confused. The.. killing game.." she began, whispering the part killing game, when saying it her eyebrows furrowed. "-Was.. a simulation, and once you perish in the game we bring you to your sort-of personalized hospital room. As you were put into the game you lost many memories, you're so called "pre-game" selves were only halfly based off of yourselves before the game, as if a half-lie. You did infact want to be in danganronpa, but you were aware it was a simulation and did already have your title as the ultimate supreme leader."

I widened my eyes, processing. "So.. it.. really was.. a lie?" Pekoyama I beleive her name was nodded "More like a lie inside of a lie..." She said, looking off to the side. "Is.. everyone else okay?" She nodded again, "Yes, once everyone else wakes up from the game everybody will be notified and will begin having.. meetings I suppose?" I slightly smiled, although my whole body felt like it was tearing apart.

"How come all of the pain is real though? I literally feel dead.." She sighed, "Everyone gets effects like that, varying on how they.. well, died of course. You're whole body was crushed, making you're pain much worse." I didn't really understand it 100%, but I shrugged it off, I doubt anyone had a real answer to it. "But, it is all really a show or whatever right?" Pekoyama widened her eyes slightly "Yes.. correct. But for now, you have to focus on recovering. In the game, you obviously weren't aware, but you and Harukawa were siblings, well not biological, you grew up in the same orphanage and were both adopted."

I gasped, I was Maki's brother? That's crazy to imagine, but I suddenly remembered something that had to of happened before the game, at the orphanage. Me, Maki and I believe 9 other kids were running in a forest. 'DICE?' I thought as the memory played in my mind. We were running away from the orphanage, the wretched place that ruined me, we were abused and raised to be perfect. It was a horrid place, we tried so hard to get away but failed at escaping. Soon after the second attempted escape me and Maki were adopted, and soon after I created DICE.

"I.. remember all of that." I mumbled, Pekoyama gave a small smile "I see you regain memories more quickly." I simply nodded, now feeling more tired, and miserable. "I'm guessing you read the note, so you must be aware of the schedule. You may rest for now as it is 1:00am, as for the schedule, tomorrow you will be most likely brought a wheelchair, breakfast at the cafeteria is optional and begins at 7:45am, You will probably not begin you're schedule completely until later on but.. yeah." I nodded "Thank you Pekoyama.." She smiled, waving as she walked out of my hospital room.

I decided to go to sleep, worrying about what couldve went down in the killing game after I died and if it had ended already. I stared at the ceiling for awhile, eventually drifting to sleep.

||Next morning, 7:49am||

I woke up sobbing, gasping for air, noticing a blurry figure standing by my bed with a very worried expression. I had a terrible nightmare.. I tried to stop sobbing as I eventually calmed down into only lightly crying. I now looked at the woman who was standing by my bed, she had lanky, not that neatly kept purple hair, although you could tell she was a nurse with what she wore.

"Gahh! Y-Y-Youre A-Awake..!" She exclaimed looking at me giving a shaky sheepish like smile, I'm guessing glad I calmed down. "I-I heard c-crying a-a-and immediatley c-c-came to-to che-ckk!.." I was tooken aback by how much she managed to stutter in one sentence, but it was genuine, she was petrified or something. "I-I'm.. okay. I just had a nightmare." I bluntly admitted, seeing no use in lying. She nodded her head still shaking "T-That g-g-good.. I'm M-M-Mikan Ts-Tsumuki.. a p-pr-professional nurse..." I smiled "Kokichi ouma, I'm sure you probably knew that though.." "Y-Y-Yes.. I-I help a-a-lot of th-the ki-kill-ing ga-ame p-particapants.." She stuttered out, "A-A-Anyway... Y-You should r-receive you're wheel-chair s-soon." I gave a small gasp and exclaimed a simple "Okay..!" Smiling slightly as Tsumiki soon left.

a/n ~ HIII soo I haven't even finished the saiouma book but I was sooo eager to begin this soo.. here we are!! I'm so excited for this ngl! any questions go ahead and ask. ALSO THE PICTURE I PUT IS FROM A YEAR AGO ITS SO CRINGE I MADE IT AS A JOKE BASED OFF A RP I HAD DONE.
*
*
*
*
*
{1162 words}