Chapter 4: Inner power

7 the next morning

Lexia

All the royals were about to have breakfast. Princess Lydia was running a bit late though. She was trying to do her hair but it ended up being very messy.

Lydia: I'm gonna be late if I don't fix my hair soon!

She then heard a knock on the door.

Lydia: If it's not Princess Ashley then talk to me later please.
Lukas: Ouch. I just came to check where you were since everyone's already on their way to the dining hall.
Lydia: Sorry, I'm having a bad morning.
Lukas: How so?
Lydia: My hair.
Lukas: Let me help you.
Lydia: My hair's really tangled up right now.
Lukas: My mom's hair is the same every once in a while.
Lydia: Okay, good luck.

He came in and looked at her hair.

Lukas: It's not that bad Lydia.
Lukas: Yeah right.

He helped her brush out her hair. Prince Derek and Princess Ashley walked past and saw him brushing her hair. Princess Ashley had a big smile on her face.

Lukas: How do you want it?
Lydia: I just want it curled.
Lukas: Got it Your Highness.

Princess Lydia saw Princess Ashley internally fangirling and her and Prince Derek continued to the dining hall. Prince Lukas did her hair the way she wanted. When he was finished, she looked in the mirror.

Lydia: This looks so nice. Thank you.

Prince Lukas smiled at her.

Lukas: Let's hurry to the dining hall.

They rushed to the dining hall and sat down just before breakfast was served.

Azariah

Alex: I wonder how Ashley is doing. It's only the third day and I'm so worried.
Damien: Prince Alex, I've got a message for you from Princess Ashley.
Alex: Thanks Damien.

He read the letter and smiled.

Alex: Glad to hear she's doing well. Though she said the princes are her new friends and she thinks one of them likes her.
Damien: Romantically? Which one?
Alex: She didn't say. I'll ask for details when I reply.
Damien: Okay. Don't forget to tell her that Cassandra and I say hi.
Alex: I'll make sure to add that. Right now I've got to find the king so I'll see you and the guards later.

Damien nodded and left.

Alex: Anyway, where could Father be? Maybe he's in the library.

Prince Alex went to the library.

9am

Lexia

Princess Ashley and Princess Lydia changed into the clothes they wore when sneaking into the library. They then went to the garden, by the fountain.

Lydia: Could you stay with me please? I'm a little nervous.
Ashley: Of course.
Lydia: Thanks. Okay, all I need to do...is concentrate on the power inside me.

Princess Lydia closed her eyes and focused on the water in the fountain. After a few minutes, Princess Ashley saw that the water started moving a little. She watched as Princess Lydia's hair glowed blue. Princess Lydia opened her eyes and they were glowing blue.

Lydia: I can feel it.

She started making small movements with her hands and the water floated from the fountain. The water followed her movements and she made it into a few shapes. She then let the water back into the fountain.