Chapter 1: london boy

Julie's POV:
"Now what?" I ask, walking out of music world with Luke's hand in mine.

"I don't Mrs.American girl, you tell me"

"I say we just go home. I mean if your okay with that? My parents aren't home so if that makes you un-"

"I'd go anywhere with you Juliet" he says, his voice low. I lean against my car and he kisses my lips briefly. Once he pulls away, I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm so happy you're here... I mean I can't believe you're here"

"I couldn't resist" he says, twirling one of my curls. This is different then ever before I think. We've never stood like this, just looking at each other. This is all new.

Now new thoughts start racing through my brain, what are we? Does he love me? Do I love him? Are we gonna be together? What do I really know about him?

"Juliet, what's wrong?" He ask, backing up. I shake my head and try to push away all these thoughts. I should just be happy that he's here

"Nothing, sorry. Let's go" I say, going to the drivers side and getting in. He gets in and buckles up.

Way to go Julie, you made it awkward!

We drive home silent and everything feels different.

"Here's my house" I say, unbuckling. We sit there for a moment and I take in my surroundings.

"It's cute" he says, getting out of the car.

Cute? Is that bad?

He comes and opens my door, helping me out of the car. I close the door and he presses me against the side of the car.

I feel like I'm seeing a different side of him that I haven't noticed before or maybe I've never seen.

He kisses my lips softly and I practically melt into the kiss. We kiss in the driveway until we're both breathless.

"We-umm- should go inside. I have a summer project to finish" I say, pushing him back and taking his hand in mine.

He doesn't hesitate or even speak, he just wraps his hand in mine and walks up to the door with me. I hang up my keys and jacket, then slide my shoes off at the front door. We go upstairs and into my room. I throw myself on my bed and Luke stands there, unsure of what to do.

"Come on Luke" I say, patting the space beside me. He lays beside me and he wraps one of his arms around my shoulders. I smile and cuddle close to him.

What was I gonna do? Oh right, school project!

"I have to get up" he groans in response and pulls me closer.

"2 weeks without Julie, let me have this" he says.

"Luke, I have 2 weeks till school and I have to get this done. It'll be just a little bit of work then we can cuddle and watch tv"

"Or we could stay cuddle the whole time"

"Luke" I scold, pulling his arms off me. I get up and grab a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. If I'm gonna do school work, I gotta be comfortable. I go into my bathroom and change real quickly. When I get back out, Luke is gone.

Am I going crazy? Hasn't he just here?

That's when I hear talking coming from downstairs.

Oh shoot!

I run downstairs and I'm met by Luke holding my backpack and my parents totally freaking out.

"Julie" my dad says grabbing me and pulling me behind him.

"WHO ARE YOU?" My mom says, panicking.

"Mom chill, this is Luke" I say, pushing past both of them and looping my arm around his waist.

"Luke? Like Royal luke? Like from England?" She says, totally shocked.

"Yep, he surprised me!"

"Oh it's so great to meet you" my mom exclaims, dropping her groceries and giving him a semi-awkward hug.

My dad however stands there, glaring at him. I know that glare, it's the same one he used to give Nick every time he'd come over.

Looking back on it, the glare was warranted for him at least..

"So Lucas, you came all the way from England to see my daughter? You must really like her right? Maybe even lo-"

"Okay dad, that's enough. We're gonna go work up to my room so I can work on my summer project" I say, spinning Luke around. I push him to go upstairs and follow quickly behind him.

"Mija" my dad says. SO CLOSE!

I turn around reluctantly and smile.

"Yes papa?"

"Do not shut that door and no funny business"

"Of course, we really will just be studying"

I go upstairs and Luke's sitting on the edge of my bed awkwardly. I sit beside him and a heavy silence falls between us.

This is harder than I thought, I mean we can't just pick up where we left off. And we don't really know each other outside the confines of rose-bridge, of the royals, of pretending.

"I'm sorry about.. that" he mumbles.

"It's not your fault Luke. It's not even a big deal"

He nods and we're sitting again in silence.

What do I even say?

"I should get to work probably" I say, getting up and grabbing my bag.

"Can I help you?" He ask.

"I'd like that" I smile, pulling out my laptop and the paper with our assignment.

"So what's the assignment?" He ask. I read the paper out loud to him.

"Dear Students, as you are entering your junior year of Highschool it's time you start deciding what kind of person you want to be. So this summer, I want y'all to explore the world around you. It could as simple as see something you've never seen before in LA or it could be something big. I what you to step outside your comfort zone and really learn about who you are and who you what to be. Then I want you to make a presentation, it could be an essay or a dream board. It can be anything, this is up to you. Get creative and show me what y'all are made of!"

"Wow that's actually a really cool project" he says eagerly.

It is and god knows I'll have plenty to write about.

"I guess I should get a recap of what happened during the summer and go from there?" I say. He nods and starts rambling out summer. Once I hear talking like that, talking like the summer we had is happening right now. I know I love him...

He catches my eyes and smiles.

"What's wrong?" He ask.

"Nothing, im just really happy to see you" I smile.

"As am I, my dearest Juliet" he says, making me blush as he leans in towards me and kisses my lips quickly. Then he continues to ramble on while I take notes about our whole summer

A/n: Hey guys!! First part!!

I honestly haven't been back on wattpad since I posted the intro thingy bc of the holidays and starting school back and stuff. But it's good to be back and finally have some time to write! I hope y'all like this chapter and I'm so excited to write this story. -R