Chapter 2: style

"Lucas!" I shriek as he slams me into the water again. Once I'm above water, I splash him and then pull him below the water. Luke wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me down with him. We're laughing and everything feels perfect. I wrap my arms around his neck and I rest my forehead against his.

"Luke" I say, tucking the wild pieces of his wet hair behind his ears.

"Yes Juliet?"

"Come to school with me"

"What?"

"I mean, if you were in England and stuff the you'd be in your senior year. You can have the same opportunity here. I know it's only a week until it starts but we could get you enrolled"

"Julie I don't know, I mean I came here to-"

"To what? If it was for me, I don't want you to throw away your future. You need to graduate"

"I don't know what I came here to do, I mean it's obvious I came for you but it's my first time being on my own. I can finally chose to do what I want and I'm not sure what that is yet" he explains, his thumbs pressing against my waist as he talks.

"I understand" I mumble

"Buuuuuuut, I'd love to go to school with you"

"Really?" I ask excitedly

"Why not" he smiles, ugh his smile. I giggle happily and press my lips to his. I pull away and push myself out of the pool.

"Woah, where are you going?" He ask, coming to edge.

"I'm just gonna go get something to drink. Want anything?"

"Sure, I'll take a cup of water" he says, tapping his finger against the concrete.

"Will do" I smile, wrapping my towel around me and going inside. I walk into the kitchen where my mom and her best friend are sitting, chatting.

"Hey Julie, how's my favorite niece doing?" She says, getting up and hugging me.

"I'm doing good Aunt Becca"

"I can't believe you start your junior year soon"

"Me neither Bec, I don't want my baby to grow up" my mom says kissing my head "did you see her boyfriend out there?"

"Boyfriend? You aren't back with that douche Nick"

"No Aunt Becca! Never! And he's not my boyfriend... he's my uh I'm not sure"

"Oh is he the England boy?" She ask, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Mom! You told her" I scold.

"I wasn't aware that was a secret. Besides Mija, it was so romantic. He came all the way to LA to be with you"

"You're right. It's just- mom, how do I know if he really wants to be with me? We haven't talked about anything like taht yet"

"Oh Julie, he came to LA for YOU. I think it's safe to say he wants to be with you, do you wanna be with him?"

"Of course I do, I think I love him-"

I gasp at what I just admitted.

OH MY- I love Luke.

"She's in love Rose!!" Becca cheers.

"Shhh he might hear us" I say, motioning for her stop.

"Julie, maybe you should talk to him"

"You're right, but when?"

"Is now good?" Becca says motioning behind me. I turn around and Luke is standing there. He's wrapped in his towel with his hair dripping and oh my goodness he looks so hot.

"Yeah Bec, I think we should go check out that place-
CARLOS" my mom says, being extremely obvious. Carlos runs downstairs and they shuffle him out the door.   

"That was- weird" Luke says, I nod agreement and go back into the kitchen. I'm filling a glass of water when a familiar pair of arms wrap around my waist. I relax and lay my head against his shoulder, sneaking a peak at his face.

Maybe I should tell him.

"So what where y'all talking about when I came in?"

"Oh just girl stuff"

wow Julie, you are such a good liar..

"Fine don't tell me" he jokes. I realize that he water is pouring all over my hands and I reach to turn off the faucet. I spin around and I'm trapped in between the sink and Luke. My heart beats faster and faster as I look into his sunburned eyes.

"Water?" I say, pushing the glass to him. He laughs, backing up a little and taking a sip from the glass. I try to slow my breathing and i can't seem too.

"Luke" I hear myself say without thinking. DONT DO IT JULIE

"Yes Juliet?"

"I-Umm- I don't really know how you feel about me but I- what I'm trying to say is. That- I Umm-"

"I love you too Julie" he interrupts me. I look up from the ground and my jaw drops as I process what he said.

"Did you? Umm-"

"That's what you wanted to say right? Oh shit, did I miss judge?? I thought-"

I pull him down to my lips and plant a passionate kiss on them. His arms wrap around my waist, pulling him to me. I pulled my face away to look into his eyes again.

"I love you Luke. I've loved you since that day at the carnival. I didn't know it then but that's when I first realized that you weren't a douche, you hadn't let me in yet. I've loved everyday since then and I don't know what's gonna happen with us but I'm gonna love you everyday forever, I promise" I rambled out.

Luke was watching me like I was the sun his world revolved around. I couldn't understand it, how out of all the people in the world, I fell in love with him. Not only I did fall for him, but I got him to fall for me.

"Juliet, I love you more than I could ever put into words" he whispered and we stared to kiss again.

A/n: AWWW SHE TOLD HIM SHE LOVES HIM!!! They are soooooo cute!!

I love y'all so much and you are amazing, don't forget how awesome you are! -R